1. Prologue (4)

Beta Ch.1 "Prologue (4)"

Heavy puffs of oxygen escaped out of the girl's mouth as she ran into the dark alleyway. Grasping her bleeding shoulder, she glanced back constantly in fear as she ran deeper into the darkness.

Her pace stopped abruptly all at once, an invisible force knocking her off her feet and slammed her body hard against a brick wall. The girl's body ached in intense pain, her vision blurred as she was on the verge of losing consciousness.

Blood ran down from her scalp, slightly smearing the front ends of her short icy blue hair. Before she could lift herself from the ground, an enormous being towered over her, thoroughly watching her movements with glaring red eyes and bearing razor-sharp fangs.

The girl's high school uniform was ripped by slash marks and drenched in her own sweat and blood. Her body trembled in both fear and exhaustion, catching whatever breath she could take in. Yet every breath felt hoarse and empty, death looming over her fast beating heart.

Despite the fear and pain coursing through her body, no tears whelmed up in her beautiful icy blue eyes. There was a small flame of retaliation burning in her heart. She refused to accept death, yet her body had no power to fight back.

Whatever it was, she held onto that feeling tight as her life flashed before her eyes...

"Ah!"

A loud shriek resonated within the room as she fell face first to the carpet floor, a loud thud following soon after. She groaned in pain as she rose to her feet, sadden that she once again rolled off her bedside.

"Ow, I really need to stop falling out of bed..." the girl muttered to herself as rubbed her forehead to calm the unpleasant ringing in her head.

Her icy eyes then expanded in shock upon seeing the surface of her bed. From the cover to the pillow, the entire bed was soaking wet as if someone threw a bucket of water on it overnight. However, the girl's body and clothing were completely dry.

"No... not this crap again!"

A few minutes later, the girl quickly exited her room. She then walked quietly to the washer in the middle of the hallway and shoved the soaked items into the washer that sat next to the dryer.

The girl sighed and banged her head against the wall, though softly so she wouldn't wake her family up. She had blue shoulder length hair, navy blue eyes to match, wore plain blue pajamas due to it being nighttime, and was fourteen years old.

"For the love of... this is the fifth time this has happened! If he saw me here, he'll never let it go..." she muttered softly to herself in anger.

She sneakily returned to her room, tiptoeing and glancing around to make sure no one followed her. Once she approached her room, she slowly opened the door and entered. As soon as she closed the door, turning around to return to bed, a small shriek of shock escaped her lips by what she saw.

A boy around her age with blue spiky hair and navy blue eyes was staring at her, a sly smirk on his round face and wearing plain white pajamas.

"So... you wet the bed again?" the boy chuckled lightly, trying to control his laughter.

"Be quiet! I didn't wet the bed!" her cheeks brighten red in embarrassment.

He shrugged. "Whatever you say... but, sometimes I feel like the older brother."

"Hey, I'm the older sister here! And as your older sister I demand you not to tell a soul about what happened!" she pointed a demanding finger.

"Um, by a few seconds... Anyway, I wasn't going to tell anyone. Besides, a more interesting story would be how you always stare at that guy in class for hours. Sometimes, you stare in such a trance not even the teacher can wake you..."