5. Guardian

Beta Ch.5 "Guardian"

"Huh? What the hell?" In a dark alley nearby the school, a boy looked into the sky. It was the same direction where the battle took place. "Can't believe Betas are fighting out in the open. They're luckily no one is coming their way because there's an assembly going on, otherwise they'll have lots of issues to deal with."

The boy pulled a cigarette out his pocket, lit it up with a lighter, and took a small inhale of it. He blew the smoke out from his mouth and sighed. "It's hard out there for a Beta these days. Let's just hope they don't get me dragged into it." he decided to leave the dark alley, leaving behind the bodies of decaying Mons.

Another strike, and yet another block. The same thing repeated for about a minute until Gale grew tired of throwing wind slices at Asa's Guardian. He kept blocking her attacks with the slightest ease and without moving an inch. Instead of repeating her motions, Gale threw a volley of wind at him. He simply side-stepped, evading the blast and letting it hit a tree behind him.

"This guy... he's not taking me seriously..." she grew angry.

"I am quite serious, Milady. I'm simply waiting for you to take me seriously as well." he said. Upon hearing his statement, Gale threw a wind dart at him. Once again, he blocked it with ease. "Where is the terrible power that you wield? I'm not certain this is all you have to show. I wonder if you're holding back because there are civilians present. If that is so, we can take this battle elsewhere."

"Silence... I won't let you embarrass me in front of my master."

She raised her hand into the air, conjuring a vortex of wind around him. A slice of wind shot at him from behind. Anticipating the attack, he blocked it with his sword without turning around. Two more shots fired at him, which he stepped back and evaded them.

He noticed a small cut on his shoulder from a shot he didn't see.

"What's wrong? Getting slow now?" she smirked upon seeing it.

He continued to evade and deflect more shots from various directions. Once he noticed an opening he attempted to leap out of the vortex. She, however, anticipated the action and tensed her hand. The vortex became stronger, forcing him to retreated back inside of it to avoid being cut.

"You're not getting away this time. You'll be sliced to death unless you surrender." she threaten him.

"A warrior never surrenders." he simply said back to her.

"Then I have no other choice." she slowly clutched her hand, the vortex pulled closer and closer to him. He placed his sword to his chest, closed his eyes, and breathed slowly. With only the vortex just a few inches away from him, his armor begun to gain cut marks on it. "Is he being serious? There's no way he can survive such an attack. Does he think I'm not going to do it or does he have some sort of strategy? I can't let up, he'll take that chance to end this duel."

With only an inch left, he finally open his eyes and raised his sword to air. "Galaxy Reaper!" he shouted and swung his sword downward. The blade sliced through a large amount of space, literally tearing it from its location like a massive scar, leaving only empty space in its path. From the attack, the vortex split in two and slowly dispelled.

Everybody only started in amazement and shock of the power of his attack. Suddenly, Gale noticed he was no longer where he was before and was now standing behind her.

"When did he..." she quickly turned around.

"Gravity Drop..." he pointed his sword to the ground. The area around her increased in gravity, forcing her to drop to her knees.