6. Bad Boy

Beta Ch.6 "Bad Boy"

That cool, dangerous gentleman walking down the street. You know you want nothing to do with him, but at the same time, you want him. He thinks too much, smiles too much, and respects no one. Don't talk to him. He asks too many questions, he's lazy, irresponsible. He only uses you and thinks nothing more. He is... the bad boy... at least... that's want he wants you to think.

Students usually wouldn't walk apart from each other. Some known couple would stay side by side, friends would walk hand in hand; however, this morning at Sarugaki High. There was a large separation in the walkway to the school. A single student was between this gap. No one wanted to be next to this student.

He wore a biker's jacket with a black shirt underneath, blue torn jeans, black shoes, a metal necklace around his neck. He had short black spiky hair and brown eyes. To top his outrageous style, he had a cigarette hanging out of the side of his mouth. It wasn't lit, it was just there. He didn't dress like any of the other students.

Why? Because he does whatever he wants to do. Even if the teaches would scold? Nah, because he does whatever he wants to do. He's the typical bad boy. Of course he wouldn't care... right?

"Dammit... what's wrong with everybody?" the bad boy looked to his side. The passing students stepped back in fear when eyes glanced at them. "T... This isn't supposed to happen... I'm supposed to be a star! Girls should be wooing over me! Guys should want to be me! This isn't right at all!"

"Wow... I wonder why everybody is so apart?" Grant wondered as he walked past the depressed bad boy.

"Hey, mind if I ask you a question?" the boy asked Grant, what seemed like a simple look was a death glare to him.

"Don't kill me! Take my money, take my supplies, but please don't kill me!" he raised his arms in surrender.

"I'm not going to beat you up! I just want to ask you something!"

"I'm too young to die..."

"What is wrong with you?! Can't someone ask you a simple question without all the drama?!"

The students around them stopped to watch if the two were going to fight, which was not the bad boy's intention at all.

"Dammit... I'm too tired for this crap... forget I ever talked to you." he sighed as he walked off to the entrance of the school.

"I... I survived..." Grant sighed in relief.

A few minutes before class started, Tina was sleeping on her desk as usual. Grant, who would've just sat down in his seat and watch her sleep, poked at her soft cheeks to wake her up.

"Excuse me, Ms. Wilson." he poked, he secretly was enjoying himself.

"Huh? What? Was I asleep again?" she quickly woke up.

"Um... yes..."

"Oh, how stupid of me! I really need to stop grading papers at the last-minute!"

"Do you mind if we talk?"

"Is this about the Edo period?" she desperately wanted him to say yes.

"Um... no..."

"Of course not... my students never want to learn about that..." she sighed in depress.

"I was wondering if there is anything you can tell me more about Betas?"

"Sure thing. Take a seat." she motioned her hand towards the seat in front of her, which he sat in as ordered. The seat normally belonged to a cute pink-haired girl student that Grant only talked to once, so he was kinda glad he could seat there.