4. Ties that bind us together

Beta Ch.4 "Ties that bind us together"

Asa couldn't sleep. After learning what she was, she still had thoughts on why she would want powers in the first place. She didn't want to become a hero, just live a normal life. So why would she need powers? There was nothing she could use them for nor nothing she could get from them. Having powers would only be a burden to her. However, she still thought about keeping them. She wondered why would she. Does having them have a purpose like Tina said they would? To protect someone?

At Grant's current state, he couldn't protect himself. If she learned to grow her power, she could protect her younger brother from Mons. But, what afterwards? Eventually Grant might gain powers of his own and he wouldn't need protecting anymore. Does having powers for only a short amount of time worth it to protect him? She loved her brother and will do anything to protect him. Especially from... that incident again... the incident that changed their relationship.

Grant couldn't sleep, but for an entirely different reason. He only thought about his powers slightly (mostly because he was used to thinking about them), but what was on his mind was... her. He couldn't stop thinking about her. No matter how much he attempted to forget what he saw, he couldn't. That smirk... that cute, teasing smirk Lola gave him was stuck in his mind. He always thought of her as cute secretly, but after seeing that smirk his heart couldn't stop beating fast. What was this feeling in his chest? Why was he thinking about her so much?

Was he... could he actually be in...?

The next day at Sarugaki High...

"Hold, evil scum! I, Kisuke the Great, will not allow you to..." Kisuke pointed his wooden sword at a male student. The male student continued to walk on. "Hey! Don't ignore me! Halt before I..." the male student continued to walk on. "That's it! Have a taste of mighty blade!" Kisuke struck at the boy, but noticed his sword was no longer in his hands. He looked back to see Asa holding the sword in her right hand.

"Kisuke, we didn't get your sword back so you start hitting people." she scolded him.

"No! I'm defenseless again! Oh, cruel world! Just... just end it quickly!" he cried.

"What kind of shows do you watch?!"

Grant walked up to the crying ghost and patted him on his head. "Hey, Kisuke. It's good to see you're okay." he smiled.

"Okay? What are you are talking about?" Kisuke stopped crying and asked.

"You don't remember?"

"Nope, just that I got my sword back. Now hand me my weapon, Ice Witch!"

"Quit calling me that!" Asa, the Ice Witch, tapped Kisuke's head with the end of his sword.

"I... I was only trying to protect... the world..." the ghost boy cried and held his head in pain.

"Well, I'm heading off to class. See yeah." Grant waved goodbye and left. On his way to the classroom, he passed by a female student with long red hair. He looked back as she walked off. "W... Wait... is that... nah, it can't be... it must be my imagination." he decided to ignore what he saw.

A few hours later, Grant yawned as he left to the school's entrance. He was still thinking about the red-haired girl from earlier.

"Dammit, why I'm I thinking about her so much?! This is even more annoying because I didn't get to look at her face! But, yet I felt like I knew her. That long, wavy, gorgeous hair. Wow, never thought just looking at her from behind would make me this crazy. She must be a real beauty." Grant thought to himself. Suddenly, he heard gun shots. He immediately flinched and turned to the direction where he heard them.