Insecurity

"So, uh, you're a junior?" I talked to a literal wall after school that day for hours. I couldn't stop thinking about that girl. She was beautiful and had perfect hips. Her hair was vibrant and her eyes.. Her eyes told me to keep on chasing. I just knew she wanted me to fight for her. I couldn't wait to see to her again.

I jumped onto my bike and peddled like there was no tomorrow. Once I got there, she immediately turned her head and smirked. That girl was my everything at this moment. The whole world froze when we looked into each other's eyes again.

"Hey! Isn't she that freshmen that was checking you out?" An obnoxious jock pointed me out to that girl. Do I really make it obvious? The girl just ignored me. It hurt, but I wasn't gonna give up that easily.
"H-hey.." I tried to introduce myself to her and her, most likely, boyfriend. "M-my name is Peridot. And yes, I'm a freshmen." I admitted. The hot girl just looked at her boyfriend like I was nuts. I already said my name so there was no going back.

"Uh, I'm Lapis. And I'm a junior." She introduced herself and smiled. Lapis' friend just looked away awkwardly. I could tell he didn't want to be seen with me because he was hiding his face. "Oh! That's a.. pretty name." I smiled at Lapis and twirled my hair. I felt my face getting hot so I just looked away bluntly. I couldn't see lapis but I heard a giggle. I made her giggle! Aw, yes! Score! I looked up with a big smile and she was giggling and covering her mouth. "I've never met such an insecure freshmen.. Haha!" Her words were interrupted by her laughter. I then realized she was laughing at my insecurity.

My expression went blank and my eyes began to water. I shook my head and tried not to think about anything. I just giggled uncontrollably while tears rolled down my eyes. I quickly hid my face. Was she even worth it? I've been constantly trying to get her attention but she doesn't even like me. As a crush, heck no, or even a fr-
"I think you're pretty cool for a freshmen, Peridot." Lapis' words slipped out perfectly. My face flushed again and a smile crossed my face.