Giggles

"Peridot! P-!"
I heard a voice calling my name down the hall and running footsteps. It sounded familiar, but I wasn't sure. I turned around quickly then..
BAM!
"Again..? Seriously?" Lapis giggled.
Bumping into her felt so normal for some reason. Maybe because we've already done it twice.
My papers gracefully hit the ground and as they did, Lapis hurried to pick them all up.
"Hey, I saw you down the hall and I couldn't help myself." Lapis explained between breaths. She was panting super hard.
"S-sorry If I'm breathing heavy. I was actually on practice break. N-not like a practice thing where you learn to practice breaks because that would be weird.. haha.." Lapis laughed nervously and blushed slightly.
"Yeah, I know." I said with a smile.
She smiled back and handed me my papers.
"I'll see you later?" Lapis asked. I nodded with a wide smile. "Good. Find me at lunch." Lapis smiled and waved by. She skipped the other direction and turned the corner. I wish I could just grab her by the waist and kiss her. I would need a stool.. Haha. That wasn't funny. Err..

Lunch had started as the bell rung. The cafeteria was flooded with unfamiliar faces. All I was honestly focused on was trying to find the shorter lunch line.
"Hey shorty!" Lapis came up behind me and shook my head. I smiled and rolled my eyes.
"Hey.. Tall-y.." I turned around and looked her straight in the eyes, my hand on my hip and an eyebrow raised. I wanted to face palm then and there but I played it off cool, hopefully.
"Do you have anyone to sit with?" Lapis asked as she looked around.
The lunch line shortened and I could finally pick out my lunch.
"Surprisingly, no." I joked, and smiled. Lapis giggled and put her hand over her mouth. Damn, that girl's laugh could melt metal.