Girls

"Where are you from?" Lapis asked with a slight smile.
"I-I'm from Nebraska."
"Really? That's pretty far from here. What made you wanna move to this small town?"
I smiled and shrugged. "This highschool is, or should I say 'was', my dream. And I'm finally here."
Lapis smiled and nodded.
"I'm from New Jersey.. I don't have an accent, of course, because not even my parents are from there. We kinda just moved away from my family." Lapis looked down and sat against the hallway wall. I walked over and sat next to her.
Lapis turned around and smiled. "You're gonna do whateva' I want you to do." She mimicked a New Jersey accent and snorted. We both laughed for a while and finally came to a stop.

There we were. Smiling and staring into each other's eyes. She leaned closer, our noses practically touching.

I felt my heart beat speed up as Lapis leaned her head as if she was going to kiss me.
Our lips touched faintly as the bell rung. Before we could even kiss, students were filling the hallways.
"I-I.." I couldn't even speak.
Lapis sat up fast and took my hand. "S-so.. See you later? I have to go to volleyball practice anyways."
I nodded quietly, my expression was blank. I was in shock! Our lips touched, but we didn't really get into it. Lapis skipped away into the crowd of faces.

This girl doesn't even know what's comin! I'll ask her out, even ask her to prom! Maybe even marry her!
Wait, what am I kidding? I've only known her for a couple days. Yeah.. Peridot. You're not ready yet.