The Nerd and The Volleyball Captian

"W-woah. Are you crying?" Next thing I know, I'm on the floor inside Lapis' dorm. Did she carry me all that way?
"Oh, uh, yeah I'm f-fine." Supposedly, tears were streaming down my face, but I didn't feel it. Lapis looked super worried, which made me feel good. We just stayed quiet in her room for a couple minutes. I was laying back on her bed and she was sitting right beside me.
"A-are you..-"
"What? Am I mad at you for bringing me here? Is that what you were going to ask?" I let out an annoyed tone and watched Lapis look away.
"...Shut up." Her tone began to sound as if she started smiling.
"Of course I was going to ask something else." Lapis was smiling, and looked straight into my eyes. I love it when she does that.
"I-I'm sorry. I'm just a little hot-headed." I explained quickly.
It was silent for a few seconds, but all that could be heard was a little giggle that slipped from Lapis' lips.

"What's so funny?" I asked, smiling.
"N-nothing.." Lapis' laughing turned into tears of regret, just as mine had before. "It's just, I know I'm a bitch. I've given you such a hard time a-and I want you to forgive me."
"I-it's.. It's okay."
Lapis stayed quiet and stood up, walking away from the bed. I sat up as well, admiring her bed's warmth.
Lapis sat on the bed with me, and leaned in.
"Can we redo our introduction?" Lapis whispered to me, smiling like I've never seen her smile before. I knew I had only known for her for like a day but still. Her smile stood out more than it usually does at this moment. This glorious moment. A moment I'll remember forever.
I nodded quietly, and smiled with her.
"Hey! I'm Lapis. I'm the volleyball captain and I don't give a shit about jocks!" Lapis and I giggled hardcore. I felt my face getting hot. "Now, your turn."
"H-hi.. I'm Peridot. I'm the nerd-" A small giggle came from Lapis' mouth, "and I'm pretty gay." I accidentally let it slip. I regretted it so badly but I had to play it off.
Lapis' smile turned into a confused smile. Still smiling though.
"M-me too.." Lapis looked into the bottom of her eye and blushed. I honestly didn't even expect that. She looked like the typical straight girl. But, she did have a darker tone and ear piercings. How did I not notice those gay ass piercings. Oh..

Her face at that moment made my heart beat fast. My stomach ached, but I loved it.
"O-oh.." I tried not to freak, but I couldn't help it. Lapis looked straight into my eyes. Eh, but we knew the angle of her eyes were lying.. 💚