The Accident

Erica Swan:

I walked quietly behind Louis as we exited the hospital. He didn't say a word till we got to the car. Luckily none of the fans knew anything about Ansley or the hospital so there was no chaos near the building. I slid into the passenger seat while Louis started the car.

Immediately the radio blared on, causing both of us to jump. Louis quickly turned down the music and started to laugh.

"Did you see yourself?" he laughed.

"Did you see yourself?" I asked him.

"Oh that was priceless I would've paid big money to have a picture of that!" he smiled.

"Oh shut up, you looked startled too!" I laughed along.

He nodded and pulled out of the parking lot. I turned the radio up a little louder so it wasn't just awkward silence. Louis began to hum to a song, it was "How to be a Heartbreaker", wasn't this just perfect timing.

"So, Erica whats the deal with you and Harry?" Louis asked.

"Uh, well, nothing I guess?" I said awkwardly.

"You two a thing?" he pressed on.

"No! Never, Harry Styles is- is- he's Harry," I admitted.

"Makes perfect sense," Louis laughed.

"Its hard to explain! What about Ansley and you? Were you in love with her?" I blurt out, I immediately regretted it. "I'm so sorry, I shouldn't have-"

"Its fine, I'm going to have to tell somebody eventually," he cut me off. "As long as you are just Erica when I tell you, not Erica the paparazzi who's working with Gossip Magazine!" he warned.

"I'm Erica, you're friend," I said.

"Alright, so you know Ansley and I are- well were a couple," he started. "Its a long story maybe we should just wait till we reach," he said.

"Erm, yeah okay sure," I agreed.

"So, tell me about yourself," he said.

"I'm Erica, I work for a gossip magazine, I'm 19," I said. "What else do you wanna know?" I asked.

"You know, whats your favorite color, superhero, you know who is Erica?"

"Louis, you don't have to act this way with me," I said seriously.

"Like what?" he muttered.

"Like you have no care in the world. Your girlfriend was just making out with my fake boyfriend, its kind of a devastating time for you, you don't have to pretend like it doesn't hurt."

"That's really deep coming from Paparazzi."

"I have feelings too and right now, I'm Erica, you're friend," I said gently.

"Thank you Erica, my friend, but this is a really messed up story for me to tell in ten minutes," he replied.

"Who said you only have ten minutes?" I said.

"You really care?"

"Yes."

"It has to do with Derek, its pretty sick and considering he's your boy- exboyfriend, I don't think you want to hear it."

"He's not that bad," I lied.

"But he is."

"What has he ever done to you?"

"Why do you think Ansley is in the hospital?"

"He- he did that to her?"

"Let's talk inside," Louis said before he got out of the car and headed to the apartment.