8 ; [mission]

"Wanda and Bucky," Steve called out, eyes sharp and full of concern for the both "you're on this mission."

Bucky looked at Wanda's worried state as she began to scratch at her chipping black nail polish, it was obvious that she were nervous to work with a man she did not know. Wanda knew Bucky and her have a couple of main things in common, one being that both once worked for Hydra and their evil doings. This still didn't mean she trusted him, Bucky too didn't think Wanda and him would ever interact with one another during their time as heroes of the world.

"Gather as much information on this man, once you have tracked his location you are free to capture him and any data within their base." Steve continued to fill them in on their mission, Wanda focusing more on his instructions and not on the person she were partnered to with this mission.

"Be careful," Clint called out from one side of the conference table, he was smirking heavily as he stared at the enhanced woman and metal armed man "you know, with the age gap, pretty weird if you gu - "

"Not going to happen." Wanda warned Clint with her devious eyes, gently grabbing the files that were held in the brown folder, something old fashioned and much slower than a simple technology device.

"I'm Bucky."

"I know." His jaw tightened, he wasn't very experienced with girls after the metal arm and brainwashing, all his pick up lines unfortunately had been washed away into the sewer, along with his broke and shattered memories.

Bucky and Wanda entered the lounge room, sitting on the comfortable leather couch, Wanda's hand occasionally slid across the material used, smiling as the cold met with her fingertips. She watched Bucky awkwardly sit on the couch across from her, the only thing blocking their bodies was a rather expensive coffee table that had spread magazines with Tony's face as the front cover.

"We split this file, tell each other if any important information is in this." Bucky found himself admiring her lovely accent, he found it so calming and sweet to his sense of hearing.

"I wasn't expecting Steve to have paired us together." Bucky flipped lazily through the split files, Wanda looking up from where she were reading, meeting eyes with the man who contained the metal arm.

"I was expecting someone that I knew." She shrugged, continuing to examine the files of the man they were to find and capture the data.

"The only person I know here is Steve, I was quite glad that I finally got put with someone I didn't really know."

"That's interesting," Wanda read his mind, broken puzzle pieces were scattered everywhere, unable to be solved and fixed "anything in the files?"

"I mean if news articles of him opening up ice cream parlors is interesting, then we sure have a lead." Bucky playfully teased, smiling slightly as he managed to make Wanda chuckle.

"A lead on what exactly?"

"His past life, he wants to destroy the world with ice cream makers." Wanda smiled widely, shaking her head as she looked down to her shared files.

"I think I may have a start," She raised her eyebrow as she read the specific part where it had information with what they needed "last place he was seen, we can hack into the security cameras."

"And where is that?"

"Los Angeles." Wanda rose from her seat, tossing the files onto the brown Tony filled coffee table, heading towards the weaponry only to find Bucky not moving a single inch and had not chosen to follow her.

"I'm not leaving unless we get to know each other, I can't really go on a mission with a woman I do not know of." He anxiously scratched at the back of his neck, tapping his metal fingers on his tensed thighs. Wanda only smiled and walked back, rolling her eyes playfully as she found some space next to Bucky.

"Well then," she started, staring within his blue eyes "I'm Wanda Maximoff, my parents died trying to save us, Pietro and I. We decided to let Strucker experiment on us, so we practically were Strucker's little bitches," Bucky's lips lifted into a warm and genuine smile "the both of us decided what Ultron planned was horrific, I then became an independent woman ever after he d - died."

"I'm sorry for your brother's death." Bucky brought his arms out, spreading them as he offered Wanda a tender embrace. Wanda accepted his offer, hugging him tightly as it seemed right during that moment.

"It will be okay."

"Look, the files are going cold," Tony entered the area, staring at the sight of Bucky and Wanda in each other's arms "make sure to give them a hug too."