16 ; [the other one]

Bucky loved Wanda endlessly, he didn't want a day where she was not by his side, where they weren't loving one another. But did forever actually mean forever, when one hides something preciously dangerous? Bucky was searching for white roses, a bouquet of white roses so very elegant and classy, just how Wanda preferred.

He remembered Wanda saying once, "I'm sick of red roses, I see scarlet mostly everyday, but out of all rose colours, white, white is my favourite."

Now there he was, examining the daily white roses he got Wanda ever after she had made that statement. Bucky smelt the roses, smiling as he paid before happily striding towards the apartment that Wanda and him privately purchased, not one Avenger member knew of this apartment. He was smiling brightly as he waited patiently for the elevator to bring him to the level of their apartment, Bucky knew that Wanda would've just gotten back from a mission with Steve or Sam, since today was the only time he had off and to himself.

He turned the doorknob, but this time it wasn't the normal patience he had, he hadn't seen Wanda since last night. Bucky's smile widened the slightest, but soon fell when he noticed Wanda wasn't in her normal robe in the kitchen with an extra hot, hot chocolate, actually she wasn't even present in the apartment.

"Wanda?" Bucky called out, setting the bouquet down onto the marble counters.

He searched each room, but all were unoccupied. Bucky assumed it was just a mission holding her up, which was due to her late arrival, but as he waited it reached one am, then moved along to two. Bucky didn't let his eyelids heave as he continued to sit on the couch awaiting for Wanda's appearance.

Although, when she did arrive she was paler than usual. Her eyes were widened, but as she looked over to Bucky who had the bouquet ready at hand, she began to cry, her back sliding against the wall behind her. Bucky immediately settled the roses down onto the counter yet again, approaching Wanda in a rush.

"Hey, what's wrong?" He whispered, caressing her hair with his hand as the other hand wiped the tears from her face.

"I'm so sorry, it was an accident."

"What?"

"I don't know what came over me."

"Did something happen on the mission, did you get hurt?" Bucky queried.

Wanda's voice was shaky as she spoke, "I can't even face you without knowing I broke your heart."

"You'll never break my heart, tell me what's wrong."

"I just, I love you so much-"

He replied, "I love you too."

"He just, I don't know, I just don't know what came over me." Wanda worried, her words finally being heard through the continuous sobs, and as she spoke the more Bucky understood.

"Oh God, Wanda," Bucky groaned, his hands were now in his hair "Tell me you didn't."

"I'm so sorry."

"I can't belie-," Bucky was now heartbroken, tears too were descending momentarily "who, who was it?"

"Bu-"

"Who was it?" He yelled, which had made Wanda flinch, but he hadn't cared.

"S-Steve, don't get angry please." By now he was full with rage and was utterly infuriated.

"No, Wanda. I am allowed to get angry, because instead of coming home to your boyfriend who gave you his heart, you go off with Steve, who let me remind you is my best mate, enjoying one another's company. I thought you were different, Wanda, unique even."

"I am, Bucky, just please I'm so sorry."

"Save your sorry's for someone who cares, I'm leaving."

"You can't leave, please."

"I can leave, and I will."

"Let me explain." Wanda pleaded, she was not balanced on her feet, shaking as she approached Bucky.

"What is there to explain? You slept with my best mate, I'm pretty sure I know who you prefer." Bucky rushed to their room as he packed his common essentials that he would need.

He glanced over to the framed photo of him and Wanda, Bucky snarled as he took the photo and shoved it deep in the bag. Wanda wanting him to stop, but she couldn't move, she was numb, she was stupid in that moment. Wanda wasn't in her right mind when she and Steve had interacted, she was caught in the moment and when she realised who she was with wasn't Bucky, she had freaked and ran from the Avenger's building towards their apartment. She knew she had to come clean with Bucky, even with the reaction he would make.

As Bucky was heading towards the door to exit she interrupted with responding to his actions, "I choose you, Bucky. Only you, not Steve."

"I was ready to settle down with you, I was thinking of actually raising children, we could've adopted, we could've had that family you always wanted. Why did you throw the chances with me away?" Bucky asked, but was never given an answer.

From then on he knew the answer, which wasn't given verbally, although her actions were clear. Bucky thought he could finally love Wanda, finally feel what normal people felt, do what normal families would do, of course nothing like that would happen ever, since Wanda had made it final that he was not capable of doing so.

Wanda wasn't ready to let go of Bucky, knowing the hurt she made him undergo. She should leave him, let him move on. Wanda believed she was no good attribute to Bucky or to anyone for that matter, for she hurt everyone important in her life. 

Pietro...dead, she had not protected him. Bucky...gone, she had not loved him enough.

So, when the door of the apartment slammed shut and silence filled the atmosphere, Wanda and Bucky knew they did not deserve love as everyone else did.

//

Uhh...sorry for being inactive! I really didn't mean to fall out of inspiration with my books, but now I'm here pursuing them again.

Anyway, should there be a part 2?