Chapter 4

The next morning Marie was the first to wake up.

She waltzed downstairs and noticed Bobby was still asleep, so she decided to make breakfast for everyone.

She made scrambled eggs, toast, bacon, sausage, and waffles.

Dean and Sam came down at the scent of the food, and soon Bobby joined.

"Marie I don't want you by yourself. If you're going to do something, let one of us know. I don't want you passing out when one of us isn't around. It's dangerous." Dean spoke in between chews.

"I'm fine Dean. I really am." Marie attempted to assure him.

"Marie. Do you understand?" Dean became more stern and his fork clattered on his plate causing everyone to be silent.

"Fine Dean. I'm going to use the bathroom did you wanna join?" Marie spat.

She shoved her chair back scraping the floor. "I'm not made of fucking glass!" She yelled jogging up the stairs.

"Marie!" Dean yelled aggravated.

"Just leave her be." Bobby spoke quietly.

Dean washed a hand over his face.

"I'm going to go talk to her." Sam excused himself.

When Sam arrived at the room the door was locked. He knocked but there was no answer. His brotherly instincts kicked in and he knocked harder.

"Marie open up are you okay?" He raised his voice a little.

Marie rolled her eyes. 'Are you okay?' That question bugged the absolute shit out of her.

She turned the lock on the door and Sam charged in.

"I'm fine." Marie mumbled. She walked over to the bed and sat down.

Marie wasn't a very sensitive person. She liked to bottle things up like Dean. She rarely ever cried. For some reason though she was feeling very unstable lately. She rubbed the few tears that escaped her eyes quickly before Sam noticed.

"You know he's just worried about you." Sam took a seat next to Marie on the bed.

"Yeah I know." She nodded. "But is it absolutely fucking necessary to ask me if I'm okay 24/7? He's treating me like I'm a damn china doll! I can take care of myself." Marie was one stubborn person.

When she turned to face Sam, Dean was standing in the doorway. 'Awkward.' Marie thought in her head.

"I'll let you guys talk." Sam left the room and Dean took his place on the bed.

"Marie." Marie turned her head to look out the window.

"Marie look at me."

"What Dean?" She sighed and turned to him.

"I'm just worried about you. I can't let anything bad happen to you Marie. I cannot lose you." Marie immediately felt a pang of guilt in her stomach for going off on him.

"I'm sorry Dean. I'm just getting really frustrated." Marie was fidgeting her fingers.

"We're going to figure this out." Dean pulled her close and kissed her forehead.

"So last night. you were real jumpy in your sleep. You wanna talk about it?" Dean asked curious.

"There's nothing to talk about." Marie twirled a piece of her wavy hair.

"Marie do not do this." "Do what Dean?" She sighed.

"Push me away. Push us all away. We're trying to help you." He grasped her hands.

"I honestly don't think I should be getting social advice from you Dean. You're the one who taught me to bottle it all up remember? Don't let my emotions show?" She pulled her arms from him.

Dean looked at her with a pained look.

"Forget I ever said any of that okay! Just tell me what's going on. Help me understand." His voice quieted.

"Crowley visited me in my dream." Marie finally admitted.

"He what?!" Dean rose from the bed. "What'd he want?" He asked pacing around the room.

"He said that it won't be long before I'm back with him." Marie looked at the burgundy rug not willing to face Dean.

"Dammit!" Dean threw a book across the room making Marie wince.

"It's going to be fine Dean." She tried calming him down.

"You're right." He contained his anger after a few deep breaths and walked over to Marie.

"I'm supposed to be telling you everything's going to be okay." He put a hand on her shoulder.

"We'll get through this together. I don't want you hiding anything from me anymore. Got it?"

Marie nodded and gave a small smile. He ruffled her hair and went to get a drink.

The next day Sam had discovered a case right in Sioux Falls. It was a vengeful spirit, simple salt and and burn.

Marie was packing a backpack with all of her hunting weapons and supplies.

"Ready?" Marie came down the stairs.

"Marie. You should sit this one out." Sam had sorrow filling his face.

"You're kidding right?" She dropped her bag on the floor resulting in a loud thump.

Bobby narrowed his eyes warning her to go easy on them. As much as Marie wanted to raise hell, she maintained composure.

"Okay." She spoke softly. "Be careful." She walked up to them both and gave them a hug and kiss on the cheek.

They were going to be gone for a couple of days so Marie took this as a chance to catch up with Bobby.

Bobby was like a father figure to Marie. He was there since the day she was born and he's here now.

"So." Marie stood in front of Bobby, arms on hips once the boys left.

"What do you want to do?" Bobby asked grabbing a beer bottle.

She had thought of the perfect idea and held a huge grin on her face while Bobby had a terrified look on his.

"Lets go gambling!"

I'm soooo sorry this is such a shit chapter! It's just a filler to prepare you for what's going to happen soon! It gets better I promise :)