Fan Fiction: Late Night Musings&Dreams

I announced earlier this month that I will be having a FAN-FICTION contest for Mystical. I will choose 3 winners to receive a paperback of Mystical and the sequel, Mythical. I already received a ton of entries and will be posting them up one by one shortly! This is the first one!

Remember I am choosing the winner by votes on their work.

Late Night Musings and Dreams

E. K. Jinxx

Donovan's POV

I went to Eliza's room and saw her sitting on her bed. Her knees were flush with her chest and her chin rested against them. "Rose? Are you okay?" I asked, breaking the silence. She looked up at me and then back down, never opening her mouth to answer.

Walking over, I sat down on the bed next to her. I tried to keep my distance, but honestly all I wanted to do was be as close as possible to her. The only reason I acted like a jerk most of the time was so I wouldn't make it obvious that I liked her, a lot.

There was something about her that fascinated me to no end. Maybe it was the unruly mess of ruby hair, the freckles that came and went, the skills she possessed that I didn't as a witch. Whatever it was, I couldn't keep my mind off of her.

"Don..." she started and trailed off.

I gently nudged her shoulder, encouraging her to continue. She looked over at me, her eyes glassy with unshed tears. "I-I can't, I can't stop thinking about her, Don. I-I killed her..." I hugged her to my chest tightly, not letting her finish or remember.

Eliza constantly felt haunted by the night she killed her mother, Grace Rose. She had become corrupted and during the fight between mother and daughter, Eliza stabbed her in the stomach and watched the life leave her eyes.

No matter what anyone told her about corrupted witches not being able to revert back or how she let her mother pass on peacefully, she always replayed the memories in her head. She had constant nightmares about them and sometimes wouldn't sleep in order to avoid them. I know, because I usually heard her crying in her sleep.

I always went to her room to check up on her, and when I saw her crying I held her until she fell into a regular pattern of sleep. I would never admit that I did this to her though. Do you know how embarrassing that would be, especially I have a reputation to uphold as a jerk?

I should write a book titled The Struggles of Donovan the Lovesick Witch. I felt Eliza tremble as she sobbed into my chest. I just held her and stroked her red hair. I loved her hair when it was wild and unruly. It reminded me of her attitude.

She had a lot to learn as a witch, but she would always have to do it her way. When she pulled away and looked up at me, I wiped away the tears from her forest green eyes.

Her eyes never ceased to fascinate me either. They always looked to be different shades of green under different lighting. I stared at her and ran my thumb across her cheek. "Eliza, it's not your fault. You had to do it. You can't blame yourself forever." Her gaze fell again, but I brought it back so that she was looking at me again.

I cupped her face with one hand and ran my thumb across her lips while my other hand slipped down and wrapped around her waist. I felt her breath against my hand before she spoke. "Donovan, what are you-"I cut her off by pressing my lips to hers.

I pulled her closer to me and kissed her softly. She was hurting enough and I didn't want to hurt her more. I had meant to shave my scruffy stubble, but never got around to it.