Chapter Six ☆

The crisp, warm wind blew the pages of Eliza's psychology book around as she placed the palm of her hand in the middle of the crease. She crossed her legs on the bench where she was sitting. Today was club day, and a bunch of students from different organizations were standing outside, advertising how cool their clubs were.

"Join our dance team! We teach hip-hop and other styles!" a girl called out, waving a bunch of freshmen to her stand. A mixture of guys and girls danced to the music blasting from the boom boxes, drawing a crowd around them who began to clap in rhythm.

Noticing Dawn running towards the crowd and disappearing into the midst of it, Eliza closed her book, surprised that Dawn would just run into the throng like that. But then again, dancing was her thing. Curiosity got the better of her, and she decided to walk over to see what was going on.

As Eliza approached, there was a roar of applause. Dawn's hips swayed slowly from right to left, ending with a sharp hip tick as she rolled her body to the center. She crisscrossed her legs and gracefully circled in place, captivating the onlookers. Dawn clapped with the crowd to pump them up as she executed a series of different formations around a guy, showcasing her impressive dance skills.

Eliza watched in awe as Dawn danced gracefully, the cheers of the crowd surrounding them. "Go Dawn!" she thought, even though her friend couldn't hear the words of encouragement.

With each beat colliding, Dawn's lips pursed in determination as she placed her index finger on the guy's chest, guiding him through the dance. Then, in one swift move, she executed a flawless round-off flip, drawing gasps of amazement from the onlookers.

The energy was contagious, and students rushed over to sign up for the dance club, led by the confident figure in the hot pink crop top and high-waisted white shorts, standing tall on a picnic table. Eliza couldn't help but smile, thrilled for Dawn's success.

In the midst of the excitement, a light poke on her back made Eliza turn around, finding Eric standing there, his eyes locked onto hers. "Isn't that your friend?" he asked, genuinely curious.

"Yeah, that's Dawn. She's incredible," Eliza replied, feeling a sense of pride in her friend's talents.

"I can see that. Can you dance like her?" Eric inquired, a playful glint in his eyes.

Eliza shrugged, blushing slightly. "Nah, dancing isn't really my thing," she admitted, feeling a little self-conscious.

Eric's grin widened, and he ran a hand through his brown hair. "Well, what about raving? Jumping around and having fun?" he suggested, his gaze warm and inviting.

Eliza chuckled, appreciating his easygoing nature. "Yeah, I do enjoy having a good time, but Dawn's the real dancer," she said, her eyes returning to her friend's captivating performance.

As the crowd started to disperse, Eliza realized she needed to catch up with Dawn. But before she could move, Eric gently held her back, his touch surprisingly gentle.

"Hey, you and this grabbing thing needs to stop," Eliza teased, looking up at him.

Eric's expression softened, and he spoke with sincerity, "I just don't want you to go. What if I want you to stay?"

Eliza felt her heart skip a beat, a warm smile spreading across her face. "You could've just asked," she said softly, the unspoken connection between them growing stronger as they shared a moment of understanding.

"Would you stay?" Eric flirted, his playful tone lingering in the air.

Eliza chuckled to herself and began walking toward the building for her SDV class. She noticed Eric following her out of the corner of her eye.