Chapter 4

Normani walked into Eli's office to find him leaning back in his chair with his hands over his eyes. She looked a bit surprised because she had never seen Eli so tired these past few days. Eli was always on point no matter what. He comes to work early, he's always winning his cases, and if Normani was behind on some of her work, he would always help her finish.

Eli has also been very distant with everyone including Normani. And everyone knows that if he's not talking to Mani, then there's definitely something wrong.

So Normani decided to finally say something.

"E, come on......what's wrong?" Normani said.

After a few seconds he removed his hands from his face and sat up.

"Mani...." He sighed.

Now Normani knew that this was worse than she thought. 'Did he kill someone or something?' She thought.

"And I know what you're thinking." He said glaring at her.

Normani nervously smiled as she noticed that she was making a face at him.

"I just....I don't know." He said trailing off.

"E just tell me." Normani said as she sat up herself.

"I think I'm in love!" He said quickly, sighing before he did.

Normani face showed a mixture of expressions.

"First, that's not an excuse as to why you weren't talking to me these past few days, secon-" She said before getting cut off.

"Mani he's just been on my mind all day, everyd-" He said before she cut him off.

"Wait did you say he? Since when are you gay?" She asked raising her eyebrows up and down playfully.

"You know what, never mind that.....who's the guy?" She asked not even giving him a chance to reply.

"Well...he works here." He says hesitantly.

She rolls her eyes and says "E, the only gay guy that works here is..." She says before widening her eyes smiling.

"YOU'RE IN LOVE WITH JOE?!"
*************************
Dinah's POV

I scrolled through my Instagram while waiting for mani. Mani and I had been going on these 'lunch dates' for about a month now, and I think it's time to take her on a real date.

After Normani arrived, we got our food and I jumped straight into the topic.

"So Mani I was thinking." I said smiling at her.

"Hmm?" She said after putting a forkful of her salad in her mouth.

I smiled at her. I love how she feels that she can be herself around me.

"Maybe we should go on a real date? Just a small one, nothing major. Maybe to the movies or something?" I said hopefully.

"Yeah, of course." Normani nodded.

"Sooo, what should we see?" She asked.

"Ooohh we should see 'The Conjuring 2'!" I said in excitement.

"Ugh I hate scary movies!" She said as she pouted.

"Oh come on, it's not even scary." I said nudging her.

"Dinah I'm serious, I'll have nightmares." She said pouting again.

I slowly slid my hand down to her hand under the table.

"I've got you." I said as I looked up at her.

'She's so beautiful' I thought.
_______________________________________________________________________

Vote and comment please‼️‼️
~ Cierra Monae 💜