Chapter 23

Dinah's POV

Words cannot explain how I feel right now.

To know that Normani is pregnant with MY child is life changing.

"I...I'm really speechless right now. I don't know what to say." I stutter wiping my tears.

Normani then grabs my hand to put it on her stomach.

"Ours." She whispers and smiles.

"How long are you?" I ask. "Actually 2 months." She says. "2 months? How did I not know?" I chuckle.

"Well I haven't really shown any symptoms yet-" She says before getting interrupted.

"Yo D!" I hear. Only trouble can come from that voice.

Sure enough I turn around and see

Domo.

"Ugh why can't we just have ONE happy moment together?" I say as I raise my arms up to the sky.

"Who's that?" Normani whispers as she grabs my hand, looking across the court.

"Nobody important." I say loud enough so Domo can hear, as she walks across the court over to me.

She finally arrives to our side of the court. Her crew behind her. My crew behind me.

She laughs bitterly before speaking. "Nobody important huh?" She says.

"You were always nobody important." I roll my eyes.

Domo was my ex best friend after Victoria. We met in college and were the biggest trouble makers. We both had bad reputations as we were called the unstoppable 'DJ and Domo'.

After college Domo didn't really do anything with herself and got caught up with gangbangers. After she found out I was going to be a cop, she cut me off and said I would be too much of a snitch to be with her and her "crew."

"So you still a snitching ass cop?" She asks, a smirk on her face.

I hear ooohhs erupt from her crew as they dap her up.

I roll my eyes. "I'm not going to even say anything on how juvenile that was." I say.

"And what are you even talking about?" I say tired of her already.

"I heard you arrested my boy Carlos." She says sternly.

"Okay...so?" I shrug my shoulders, as if it wasn't that big of a deal.

"So?...He has 20 years in prison!" She says angrily.

I huff. "Look, I'm fed up with your bullshit already. What do you want?" I say tensely.

I guess Normani noticed because she grabbed my hand.

"Actually I visited him in jail today, and he wants me to get rid you." She smirks pulling out her gun from her holster and pointing it at me.

"Pull it...i dare you to." I smile evilly.

Before she pulls the trigger, Tandy tackles the lower half of her body to the ground causing multiple bullets to fly.

I quickly grab Normani with me as duck down, shouting repeatedly "Everybody get down!"

She quickly runs away with her crew after the shots go off. 

I stand back up. "Is everyone okay?" I ask looking around. I see everyone nod their heads.

"Shit....that was close. Tandy thank you so-." I try before I hear Normani. I look down forgetting that she was on the ground.

"Uhhh Dinah....I don't bleeding is apart of pregnancy." She chuckles nervously, looking down at the lower right half of her stomach.

"OH SHIT, OH MY GOD! CALL 911 NOW." I yell.

I immediately pick her up and carry her to the car.

"Dinah it hurts really bad." Normani groans and I see tears spill from her eyes.

"I know baby, I know." Guilt coming from my voice. I knew something bad was going to happen.

I sit her in the car and immediately take off my shirt to wrap it around her wound. "Drive as fast as you fucking can. She lost a lot of blood." I tell Tandy.

"Dinah!" She cries in pain.

"Yeah baby?" I ask out of breath.

"Do you think that it'll effect the baby?" She asks, multiple years falling from her eyes from the sentence.

My heart sinks.

"I don't know baby....I don't know." I grab her hand and squeeze tightly.

We finally arrive at the hospital and immediately take Normani to the emergency room.

I try to walk back to the room but get stopped by a doctor.

"No one can go back right now, I'm sorry." He says.

"What?" I say in disbelief. But I don't listen to him as I try to go back again.

He pushes me back gently and repeats his sentence.

I instantly grab him by his shirt. "Look, I'm her fucking wife. I have to find out-." I say before getting pulled off by Tandy.

"Yo D chill, chill." He says pulling me back to the waiting room.

"No man, I don't have any chill right now! My wife AND my baby could be dead for all I know." I say as tears blur my vision.

I can't help but break down as he embraces me in a hug.

_________________________

"Family of Normani Kordei Hamilton?" I hear someone call out and I immediately stand up.

"Is she okay?" I ask instantly.

He smiles. "She doing great. You may now see her."

As soon as he told me her room number, I raced to her room.

When I enter, I see her asleep peacefully. But I also see different kinds of tubes hooked up to her.

"Hey beautiful." I whisper as I slightly run my hand over her cheek. I then kiss it.

Afterwards I hear a knock on the door and see that it's the doctor.

"I have some good news and bad news." He says nervously. "Would you want me to wake her up?" He asks, motioning to Normani.

"No you can just tell me." I say sitting down in the chair aside from her bed.

"Okay." He sighs.

"Good news is that the bullet didn't hurt her and we were able to remove it." He smiles and I smile.

His smile then turns into a frown.

"Bad news is that the bullet caused her to have a miscarriage."

I feel a sharp pain in my chest.

________________________

Vote & comment ‼️

~ Cierra Monaé ❣️