Chapter 36

Shoutout to @Laurens_H4RMONY for no apparent reason 😏😂

Dinah's POV

Four months into Normani's pregnancy

I jump out of my slumber on the couch as I hear the doorbell ring.

I groan as I stand up tiredly and walk to the door.

I open the door lazily and see a carmel skinned young woman. I immediately fix my posture, as I was slouching before. This woman was extremely beautiful. Honestly if I weren't dating Mani she would be my second choice no doubt.

She giggles at my behavior.

"Um does Normani live here?" She asks.

"Who's asking?" I cross my arms, immediately going into defense mode.

"Oh, I'm Jilly." She says while holding her hand out.

"Dinah," I smile while shaking her hand.

"Sooo are you her friend or...." She starts.

"Actually I'm her-"

"Dinah who's at-....Jilly?" Normani says from behind me. "Oh my god, Jilly!" She screams and immediately moves past me to wrap her arms around Jilly's neck and legs around her torso.

"I've missed you so much, babe!" Jilly giggles while wrapping her arms around Normani's waist.

"Where've you been? I haven't seen you in years." Normani whines while still hugging Jilly.

I clear my throat. She looks up and immediately releases the hug, knowing exactly what that meant. She knows that I only tolerate hugs that are three seconds long or less. Honestly I don't care if I sound overprotective.

"I recently bought a house here in New York. I'm gonna be living here while I work on my singing career." Jilly explains.

"How'd you find me?" Normani grins as they finally walk into the house, me following close behind them. Practically ignoring me, they both have a seat on the couch and I do the same.

"Girl your name is basically everywhe-," She looks down at Normani's stomach. Her eyes widen.

"Either you're pregnant or you've gained a lot of weight over the years." She says confusedly.

Normani cutely giggles and nods. "I'm definitely pregnant Jilly."

"Oh my fucking g-, wait who's the daddy? He'd better be fine." She exclaims. 

"Actually SHE is very beautiful." Normani smiles and looks over to me.

"Hold on, hold on, hold on. This doesn't add up. How the hell are you pregnant by a girl?" She asks in confusion.

"That's a story for another day." Normani laughs.

I see Jilly roll her eyes playfully and turns her head towards me. "You haven't even introduced me to your friend even though we've already kind of introduced ourselves. You're so rude." She laughs as she gestures towards me.

I smile and look over to Normani with a questioning look. She nods her head in an approving way.

"Well actually I'm not her friend, I'm her girlfriend." I smile.