First meeting with a griever

Part 4

NEWT'S POV

Y/n has slowly been recovering for the past two weeks but no matter what we do she doesn't wake up.
I pour a spoonful of soup into her mouth, Alby gave me permission to care for her and to guide her on her way back to health, but he said I have to start working with the other gladers, so I work in the gardens with Zart, he also said I had to sleep in my own room, not that I have stuck much to that, I still tend to sleep here, next to her.
My ankle is slightly better, I still use crutches to walk long journeys, not sure what you would call a long journey, it's not as if there is anywhere to go in the glade.
The sun sits low in the sky, soon it will be gone and this noisy place will be quiet except for the sound of her gentle, steady breathing.
I know I should sleep in my own bed but it's so hard to leave her side. I walk into my room and put some clean, baggy clothes on and walk back to y/n's room. I lean on the door and gaze at her, she is so beautiful but would be more if I could see her smile one more time, I sit in my seat and rest my head on the side of the bed, looking up at her as I slowly fall asleep.

Y/N'S POV

You woken by Ray's of light shining in though the gaps in the curtains. Your body feels so stiff, your throat feels dry and your lips are cracked. A dull throbbing pain comes from your chest, you rub at the pain but you don't understand, why do I feel like this?
Unexpectedly your body lurches forward into a sitting position. That's when you notice the messy blond hair at your hip, it's Newt. He sleeps so soundly and perfectly. You want to reach out and stroke his hair but your body doesn't want to, your mid feels as if has been separated from your body.

Your body tries to form words that you didn't want to say, "where am I?"
This is stupid, why did you say that, you know where you are.
"Who are you?"

Newt mumbles something like, "go away Minho."
He rolls his head so that he is looking towards you, his eyes grow in amazement as he sees you, "y/n?"

"What? Don't be stupid boy, now answer my questions!" Your body shouts, you don't know what's happening, your body does practically the opposite to your mind, it's out of control.

"Y/n, what do you mean? You know where you are and who am I."

"Who is this y/n?"

Newt gasps, a tears trickles down his cheek and lands softly on the bedding, "you don't remember." He stammers.

That's when something hits you, but it doesn't hit your body, it hits your mind making you loose your concentration, your though process gets slower until your mind is no longer there and it's just your body.

NEWT'S POV

Y/n sits in her bed, she is awake, I want to hug her and tell her I love her, I want to cry into her shoulder, I want her to comfort me, I want... I want her.

She asks questions, all of them stupid, what does she mean who am I? She's know me all of her life, well of what she can remember.
She talks in a strange posh way, looking at me down her nose.

Footsteps stop outside the door and Minho pokes his head in, I watch as his jaw drops at the sight of y/n siting.

He walks in still staring, I elbow him and he turns to me, "what... What?"

I smile, his face reflects my emotions, confused.

Y/n looks at us both, "I demand to know where I am and who are you and who is this   y/n you keep mentioning?"

Minho laughs, " you always did a joke at the wrong time."

I stare at him, he doesn't understand, he's not talking to y/n.

I pull him by his arm, "Minho, that isn't y/n."

He gives me a confused look, " I looks like y/n to me."

"I know it looks like her but she isn't joking she doesn't know where she is or who we are."

Tears form in the corner of his eyes, " she doesn't remember."

I shake my head, fighting back my own tears.

Minho turns to y/n, " if your not y/n, the what is your name?"

Y/n stares at him, a looks of disbelief etched on to every inch of her face, " I'm the queen."