First meeting with a griever

Authors note:

Hey guys, I'm sorry this one is dragging on so much, but there is going to be at least another whole part and then I promise I will move on.

Btw what do you guys think of these?
Any feedback would be really useful.
I personally think I have used Newt's point of view too much but anyway I need his point of view, so here we go:

Part 5

NEWT'S POV

My sore and tired arms swing again as I hack at the stump of a tree. I pause and put my hands on my aching back, I look up at the homestead on the other side of the glade. Gladers go about their daily job all except one, y/n. She has gone crazy, she thinks she is the queen and is always bossing people around, she even told Alby what to do. She refuses to be connected to her old self and refuses to talk to me, not that I want to talk to the new her.
I look back at the stump this is going to take me all day, I even woke up early to start removing this tree, while y/n or should I say 'queen', I frown with disgust, will get up in the middle of the day, taking everyone away from their work just to admire her in her latest dress.
I miss the old her.

Y/N'S POV

You wake up, your whole body feels sore but not stiff like last time, last time, you shoot up into a sitting position, last time you had lost all connection to your body. You quickly wiggle your fingers, that seems normal, you think. You push the blanket off your legs and check your toes they work but what catches your eye is the pale cream nightgown you wear. You stare in shock at it, you never would have worn a dress let alone to bed.

The door swings open, "morning your highness." Minho walks in grumpily, he wears nothing except for some loose shorts, " I brought you breakfast in bed, as usual."

You scream and throw a pillow at him and hide under the blanket.

"Y/n?"

"Put some clothes on you slinthead!"

"Your back."

"I never left, now put some clothes on."

You hear him leave the room, you peep above the covers, he returns wearing his running clothes. He twirls around, his arms stuck out like he is pretending to be a plane.
You push him outside, "I'm going to change now so out."
You open the cupboard but it is filled with the most ridiculous clothes ever and not a single pair of trousers or top, it's all dresses.

"Minho, where are my clothes!"

He doesn't respond but throws a small pile around the door, it's all your normal clothes, grateful you quickly slip into them. "You can come back in now."

He reenters and claps his hands, "your wearing normal clothes."

Confused you throw another pillow at him, "why aren't you in the maze, why am I not in there?"

His face drops into what looks like pain, "I'm not in there because it's my turn to look after you and your not in there because... You've been very ill."

The memories flash through your mind, the maze, you had been in there with Newt and the there was the griever and Newt fell, the pain of the metal arm impaling your chest, the memories start to mix with the changing ones, you want to cry, the pain they are all so painful but you can't not in front of someone else.
Your thoughts instantly turn to Newt, he had fallen and hurt is leg!

Your eyes dart around, "where is Newt?"

Minho sighs, " y/n there is no reason to worry Newt is fine, it's just his leg..."

You miss the rest as you run out of the door. Newt, you have to find him.
You run into the middle of the glade, a crowd starts to form around you, all the gladers stare at you, none of them saying a word. You push through a gap and head to the deadheads.
From a distance you see a thin figure bent over hacking away at a tree stump, as you get closer you confirm its Newt.
You don't stop the words in time, " Newt!" You shout.

He turns and looks at you, his face looks sad but suddenly lightens up.

You run towards him and he towards you. That's when you spot his limp, "oh, no, he fell over and hurt his leg, it's all my fault," you think.

You collide into him, wrapping your arms around him and he wraps his around you.

You both fall to your knees when Newt starts to cry, "I ... I can't believe.... I though.... Lost you... I couldn't.... Take it..." He stutters only parts understandable.
He buries his head into the croak of your neck, his tears cascade down your neck tangling into your hair and trailing of the ends to find their home in the earth. You put your forehead on his shoulder and you run a hand through his knotted mess of hair, your eyes shut as you listen to his crying and let the movement of his shaking shoulders gently move your head. You both sit there for ages, it is  so perfect, but doesn't  last for long.

Minho, Alby and Gally stand staring at you two.
Newt lifts his head to look at the new comers, he pulls you closer to him like they are a threat to you.

"What lovebirds do we have here then?"Gally says.

No one replies. Newt turns you around so you sit next to him, he wraps a comforting arm around your waist and rests his head on your shoulder.

"I hope we don't have any, as you are all aware of the rules on dating y/n." Alby says bluntly.
You know all too well what he means, the rule about no glader being a couple with you, it was the rule you liked and hated because no random glader could kiss you but it also stopped you being with Newt.

"We don't." Newt say calmly, still keeping you in his arms.

"Good."

You place a hand on Newt's, "so when will you be joining us back in the maze y/n?" Minho jokes.

"Never." Says Newt, you glare at him, you needed to be in the maze, but this one time you let it pass, you'll talk about it later.

Just then your stomach rumbles, you blush. The others laugh, even Newt chuckles at you.

"Y/n, go get some food and then you can help Newt chop that stump away," Alby says as he pulls the others back to work.

Newt unwraps his arms from you body and stands up, he lends you a hand, pulling you up and into him. You blush madly at this.

"Your so cute when you blush, love." He says. This makes you blush even more. He takes your hand and leads you off to the kitchens.