Find someone else

Death cure spoilers!

"Shuckin' leave me alone y/n!" Newt screams covering you in spit.

"Newt please..." You beg.

"No! I hate you, I hate you, I HATE YOU!"

"That's not Newt talking." You tell yourself. The tears are swelling up in your eyes.

You escaped wicked a couple of days ago and are now on your way to Denver, Jorge tracked Teresa and her new group B friends to there. Thomas insists on finding them but you know it's risky, not to you, Thomas or Minho your all immune. The risk is Newt, the flare is growing in him at the speed of light. It's killing you to wake up everyday in his arms like back in the glade and then later he'll be screaming horrible things at you over a simple situation like what's for lunch. That's exactly what is happening now.

"Your bugging stupid! Can't you see the words coming out of my shucking mouth? I was too weak in the glade to say it so here it is my real feelings for you!"

You step back out of his reach, no fight has been to this extent. You press your back against the wall of the bedroom you shared with him.

"Newt, please come back."

"I've hated you ever since the day you appeared in that shucking box! You ruined my life, you led me to this! It's all your fault! You gave me the flare! Oh yeah you go cry you shuckface!" He steps forwards his eyes are wild and filled to the brink with the ravaging disease. They glare into you, burning your insides into a weak pile of confused mush.

You look at your feet and sob. It's not Newt. It's not him, the boy you loved and who loved you back this wasn't him standing in front of you yelling these things. He wouldn't... You had missed the footsteps outside the room, the door opening and Thomas and Minho running to your aid.

Thomas grabs Newt and pulls him away. "Newt stop this."

Newt struggles against him. "Bloody let me go Tommy. It's her fault she deserves every part of it and worse."

Minho steps in front of you. "Crank, leave her alone. Newt this is y/n, your girlfriend."

"I'm no shuckin' crank! Get off me! And she is not my girlfriend!"

You run away unable to bare the pain within in your heart. Why Newt? Why he did he have to not be immune? The plans you had with him, the life you were going to have together and with the children you would have. It's gone, all gone because of wicked.

You run faster down the long bendy corridors of the berg running past Brenda and Jorge in the control room. You run into the bathroom slamming the door shut, you lean onto it and fall into a crouched position where you bury your face in your knees and hands. You cry. The salty tears running down your face spilling into the corners of your mouth and running off your chin. They fall onto your clothes wicked had given you, you would throw them away and burn them if you had others.

You cry for twenty minutes before they find you.

There's a soft knock on the door.

"Go away!" You shout wiping away the tears flicking them onto the cold metal floor.

"Y/n..." It's Newt, the Newt you loved. "I'm so sorry, I just, ahrg. It's hard to explain but I can't control what I say, most of the time I can. Umm, I guess I constantly feel grumpy like I'm on my period and sometimes I loose control." He leans against the locked door.

You laugh through the tears. "Newt you don't have a period."

He chuckles. "Well I feel in that mood except when I'm with you... Can I come in?"

You stand up and open the door, Newt looks a mess. His hair stands in all directions, there are big tired bags under his eyes and the normal happy smile is crooked. He looks at you almost in tears, he cautiously steps in. You break the awkwardness and run into him throwing your arms around his torso.

"I love you so much." The words muffled in his clothes.

"I love you too and everything I said wasn't true. Y/n you saved me in the glade, you made me smile and be happy. Oh don't cry."

He settles you down and sits with you on his lap, he leans against the door. He reaches up and locks it wanting to spend some time alone with you, it's how he wants to spend the entire of his last moments.

You hide your face in the crook of his neck immersing yourself in his smell. You want this forever, a life cuddling with Newt was the most perfect thing you can think of. You would kill everyone else on this berg for that to be possible, there would be no limit to how far you would go to save him. You would go back into the glade or into the scorch if only he could be safe from the carnivorous disease eating his brain.

His hand strokes your back and brushes through your tangled hair.

"Y/n, will you promise me something?"

"Depends what it is?" You sniffle.

"That after I'm gone you'll find somewhere safe and will settle down. Find someone else who makes you laugh and smile that beautiful smile, as long as your happy with them. You'll walk down the aisle looking bunging gorgeous in a wedding dress..."

"Smiling at you as you stand at the alter looking handsome in a suit." You cut him off, hating the way this is going.

He kisses your head. "We both know that will never happen. Anyway I just won't you to throw away your life because of me."

"You are my life."

He kisses you properly on the lips. "I don't care who he is, it can be shucking Minho or Frypan for all I care."

You join your lips with his in a long kiss, it's sweet, passionate and last forever sealing all the happy memories you two have had together.