I Hate You = I Love You

Really random scorch trials imagine!!

You concentrate on your feet moving one in front of the other over the dry, sandy ground.
You lift the bed sheet that's covering you from the sun, the city still looks far away, too far. You can't believe that in two weeks you'll be on the other side of the buildings safe back with wicked, not that wicked was safe but the cure for the flare growing inside your minds was safe.

Minho nudges you with his elbow. Yep, your sharing a bed sheet with Minho, your not sure how you had ended up with him, there are people you would much rather spend time with. Well... It would be one person. Newt. You had a crush on him the whole way through the maze but have always chickened out when you were going to ask him.

"Imagine if Thomas grew antlers, like moose antlers." Minho says also looking over the landscape.

You laugh. "That's random. But cool, we could call him Thomoose."

Minho bursts out laughing getting strange looks from the other gladers. "Thomoose, I'm gonna call that shank Thomoose from now on."

"But what about Thomas the tank engine? You can't destroy that." You point out. You don't know why that's so funny or who Thomas the tank engine is. It sounds like a book or a really weird person, if only you could get your memories back.

"Oh of course, though I think Thomoose is better."

You shrug and continue walking in silence however Minho never gets the idea and keeps talking.

"If Thomas is a moose then I'm a... Cheetah. Minheetah? No, cheetho?" He can't quite get it.

"Your a flamingo." You say getting back into the conversation.

"What? What does a shucking flamingo have to do with me? I'm fast, sassy and good looking." He flicks his hair and jogs on pulling you along.

You stop him. "Flamingoes are scaredy cats, they care over their looks and flaminho."

He snorts. "Shank your good at this."

"What's y/n good at?" Newt speeds up next to you just catching the conversation.

"Aww, is the glue all dried up? Because he can't stick his girl." Minho says bursting into a laughing fit.

You giggle but quickly turn it into a cough as you see Newt disapproval face.

"So the rest of us are working and trying to get somewhere while you two shanks are making stupid and offensive jokes." He puts a mean look on the jokes. You know normally he would join in the fun but he's been in a sour mood since Alby died and then this, phase two.

"No Newt it's not like that, their funny not offensive and we are still walking." He still doesn't look approving. "Look, imagine Thomas with moose antlers sticking out of his dark hair." You say eager to get in his good books.

"I don't bunging know, Tommy the freak."

"Thomoose!" Minho cuts in laughing.

You see the corner of Newt's lips twitch upwards into a subtle smile. It brings a smile to your lips, Newt isn't such a toughie underneath. He quickly forces it into his attractive frown, if frowns could be attractive.

"And Minho with a flamingo body."

"Well technically it would be flamingo with a Minho head so whatever it is it's wrong."

"Flaminho." You shout excitedly throwing your arms over your head loosing the bed sheet leaving you bare to the sun. The light waves instantly hit you, you can feel the moisture being drawn out of your skin cells. A white wave is thrown over you protecting you, Newt's arms are around you pulling you into him.

"Be bloody careful."

You laugh and pinch his nose making his face crinkle. He's so cute.

"Y/n?" Minho looks through from the other cover.

"Yeah, I'm good." You smile, you feel like you should be on a sugar high.

"Then do you want to come back? I'm already missing your jokes." He reaches for you.

"Nope, I've stolen her shank." Newt cuts in pulling you away from Minho. Newt leads you far away from the others, you start getting suspicious when he stops. The others walk normally like it happens everyday that your crush steals you.

Newt rubs the back of his neck. "Umm, y/n, ya know in the glade you did that thing were you would say something but mean the opposite for one day. Umm, err like when you said up you meant down."

"Opposite Day." You help him.

"Yep that. Well, umm, do you know what the opposite of hate is?"

"Like."

"No like is opposite of don't like. Love is the opposite of hate. Umm, oh shuck how do I do this?." He mumbles the last part. "I hate you y/n."

You frown, what? What was that meant to mean? It takes you a moment to piece the puzzle together, the whole time his espression is begging you to understand.

You don't think a moment longer before smashing your lips into his. It's a splendid kiss filled with love and desire. The kiss lengthens out till your out of breath, you pull off of him resting your head against his, your lips brush against each other, your panting breaths mixing.

"I hate you too Newt." You pant.

He re-attaches your lips one last time. "I think we should catch up with Thomoose and flaminho."

You giggle and holding his hand jog after the others.