Chapter Three

Hermione and Draco made their way back to their own compartment on the train. They had the first compartment at the start of the train, it was next to the prefects compartment. Hermione had heard that it was better than all the others and that they had their own bathroom in it. She liked the idea of authority and being a Head Girl. She just loved it and she was definitely cut out for it.

Hermione went to her friends cabin first to get her belongings since she would spend her time at the Head’s cabin. She dreaded to think what they would say when she told them she had to share a compartment with Draco. Although she wished she could explain later. She wanted to put off the topic of Draco until she was actually sure about him since he it looked like he had changed a lot but she wasn’t sure if it was a good change or if he would go back to being his usual self.

Hermione walked into the cabin to see Harry and Ron and the others looking at her curiously. She reached for her trunk and bag, trying to ignore them and look busy as she made sure she had missed none of her belongings.

‘Hermione,’ Ron started, frowning at her.

Hermione sighed and turned to him, resting her trunk on the floor and leaning against it. Her eyes passed Ron and looked at all of them in turn before finding Ron’s eyes again. She knew they were curious as to what Draco had or had not said.

‘Listen, McGonagall said that Draco and I have to use the Head’s compartment and sort out some business so I really should be going,’ Hermione said, trying to go to the door but stopped when Ron’s frown deepened.

Draco? Can’t you call him Malfoy like we usually do?’ Ron asked, keeping his eyes fixed on her.

As expected, Ron didn't look at all happy about Hermione sharing a compartment with Draco. Harry and Ron had both made it clear to her that if anything happened they would be there for her. But what would happen? Draco wasn’t a death eater anymore and it looked like he had some sense knocked into him after all. Probably because of the war. Ignoring Ron’s words, Hermione let out a groan.

‘I know it’s hard for you to believe but Draco's changed. He didn't call me a mudblood or say anything insulting,’ Hermione tried to tell them, knowing they wouldn't believe her after everything he and his 'kind' had done.

‘Hermione you can't trust him.’ Ron said holding her hands and looking into her eyes, trying to persuade her.

‘Ron, I'll be fine,’ she pecked him on the lips then took her trunk and made her way to the Head's compartment, leaving Ron behind before he could say anything else.

Walking down the narrow hallway, Hermione neared the cabin which had a wooden door and no windows, she assumed it was so the Head's could get some privacy to plan things out for the year ahead. She walked in and was amazed at the sight of it. It was bigger than the other compartments and had two sofas with a oak table between them. They had their own bathroom just as she heard. A delighted squeal left her mouth and she instantly clamped a hand over her mouth when she noticed a figure sitting on the sofa.

‘I didn’t know you were part mouse,’ Draco commented, an amused glint in his eyes.

Draco was sat on one of the sofas already, his bags scattered helter-skelter. Hermione took the other one opposite him, blushing furiously. She decided to ignore him and picked up the folder that was on the table, flicking through it. McGonagall was telling them about their own dormitory in Hogwarts and she said they could use it any time they wanted. They could even sleep in it or just use it for homework or meetings.

‘So what will you use our dormitory for?’ Hermione asked, making conversation, looking up from the folder to meet his eyes.

 ‘Not sure yet,’ Draco mumbled, his grey eyes flickered to her.