Chapter Eleven

Hours turned into days. Days turned into months until it was nearly the Christmas holidays. Everyone was excited when Christmas loomed closer and there was talk about presents and snow and comfy sweaters.

Hermione and Draco were still together but they didn't talk of Ron or Lucius Malfoy. If Hermione brought up the subject of Draco’s father, Draco would just avoid it or ask her to change the subject.

He had been very distant with her over the last few days, although she couldn't figure out why.

Hermione and Ron were friends. Well... Friends may be a bit too much. They weren't like they were before, but they had conversations. Sometimes it was awkward but either Harry or Ginny would start up another conversation which was a big help.

Draco thought it was good that Hermione, Harry and Ginny were friends again. Although he wasn't a big fan of Hermione and Ron being friends, but he didn't say anything about them.

Hermione was literally up to her neck with homework. She was in the library at night with Draco. They had access to the Library after it had closed. It was half past eleven on a Thursday. They had one more day of school before they went on holidays. Hermione and Draco were just finishing up on their homework.

Draco’s long legs were stretched out in front of him. He wrote looking totally relaxed, stopping to look at Hermione, who looked like if she didn't write fast enough she would be kicked out of the library. Although, she had wrote more than Draco, who had two books open in front of him. Hermione was leaning on the desk, opposite him, her legs crossed and she writing frantically her brown eyes darting to the six books in front of her.

‘Hermione... What are you doing for Christmas?’ Draco asked, breaking the silence around them.

Hermione stopped her quill for a second, before continuing to write. She flicked over a page on one of her books and quickly glanced up at him.

‘Well, I'll have to go to my parents then maybe Ron’s house,’ Hermione shrugged.

‘Oh, do you want to meet my mother?’ Draco asked, looking down at his paper. He had been thinking of how to ask her for days now and could never find the right time or right way to say it. With only one day left, Draco had to go for it.

Hermione stopped writing, shocked. Narcissa Malfoy? The thought of meeting Draco’s mother seemed a little daunting and she wondered if Draco was okay with this.

‘Draco, are you sure?’ Hermione asked, grabbing his hand across the table.

‘Of course.’ Draco replied, looking at her in the eye, ‘I want you to meet my mother. You are my girlfriend, after all.’

‘Then yeah. You can meet my parents too.’ Hermione smiled nervously.

Draco nodded and they went back to working quietly, thinking to themselves.

-----

‘Don't forget to study!’ Professor Slughorn joked as, one by one, they exited the class.

A few people snorted while others raised there eyebrows, looking as though he had told them he was becoming a ballerina. Draco grabbed Hermione’s hand as they came out the classroom. Hermione said goodbye to her friends, who were going to sit in the Great Hall.

‘Hermione...’ Draco whispered, smiling.

He pressed his lips to her once. The kiss short but sweet and made Hermione’s heart thud faster.

‘So... No more classes. No more school for three weeks. We've got today until the holidays... What do you want to do?’ Hermione asked, as they walked hand in hand, gaining them a few weird looks.

‘I know where to go.’ Draco said, smiling at her as he squeezed her hand.

They walked in silence, enjoying the peacefulness. Draco led Hermione outside, glancing at her as she shivered. He had forgotten to get jackets before they came so he used magic to make a green jacket appear.

‘Green?’ Hermione asked, laughing as Draco handed her the jacket.

‘You look adorable in anything, but green is what you look sexy in.’ Draco said, kissing her and they walked on, Hermione red in the face but not from the cold.

They passed the lake and even Hagrid’s cabin until they got to a clearing in the trees. They passed through it to a small circle, clear of trees. A small pond was glazed over with ice and a bench was next to the pond. Flowers grew around the bench and pond. Some flowers covered in snow and ice, although it looked fantastic.

‘Wow. It's beautiful.’ Hermione whispered, hugging Draco. She really meant it, the place was so secluded and private.

‘Yeah... I found this in our third year. I came here a lot to forget everything.’ Draco let a sigh escape through his red lips.

‘Also the year when I punched you...’ Hermione said guiltily. She covered herself more tightly with the jacket and looked at him, ‘Draco... about that...’

‘Yeah.. Well... I wasn't going to bring that up...’ Draco said, chuckling. He kissed her forehead to let her know things were better now. A lot better than last year and their third year.

‘I'm sorry. If I had known we would end up together I would never have done that.’ Hermione said, looking up at him.

Draco sighed and led her to the bench near the glazed over pone. He wiped off the snow with his sleeve and they sat down, shivering at the coldness on their bottoms. Hermione’ head rested on his shoulder and she hugged him very tightly, wishing they could come back here in the summer.

‘I love you, Draco,’ Hermione whispered, loving the fact that Draco had thought to bring her here

‘I love you too.’ Draco said, kissing the top of her head.

They sat in silence. The birds tweeted in the trees but no other sound could be heard. After a while, it started to get colder and darker so they made their way back to the castle, passing the huge rocks where Hermione had punched Draco all those years ago.

‘I really am sorry.’ Hermione said, staring at the rocks.

‘Are you going to keep saying that?’ Draco asked, sighing jokingly.

‘But Draco, I punched you and-’ Hermione was cut off by him.

Draco sighed, leading her to the big rock. He leaned her against it, putting his hands on either side of her face. She smiled and drew her lips closer and they kissed. Forgetting how cold it was or how dark, they kissed each other at the place where Draco had been punched.

‘Miss Granger! Mr Malfoy! As affectionate as that is. I must ask you to come inside before you freeze!’ McGonagall shouted at the door before turning and walking inside.

Draco laughed at Hermione’ s red and blushing. She covered her face with her hands, feeling completely embarrassed to be caught by a teacher. Draco gently pulled her hands away and smiled.

‘You're sorry for punching me? Well I'm sorry for calling you a mudblood, calling Potter and Weasley names for fighting with Potter... The list could go on forever,’ Draco muttered, walking inside with Hermione.

‘I wouldn't be with you if I hadn't forgiven you for that!’ Hermione said, grabbing his hand.

Draco grinned at her and grabbed her waist, ushering her into the castle as Hermione chuckled and lightly hit him.