Chapter Twelve

‘Draco, I'm scared,’ Hermione admitted, looking out of the window as the scenery passed them by.

They were on the train in the Head’s compartment, going to the platform so they could go home for the Christmas holidays and Hermione had decided to go to Draco’s mother’s house first and then go to her own house.

‘Don't be. She'll love you,’ Draco said, moving to sit next to her.

‘But, Draco, what if... I don’t...’ Hermione moaned and then groaned a second later, feeling helpless.

She grabbed his shirt and kissed him before he could say anything. He tried to pull back but the look on Hermione’s face convinced him to kiss her back. He guessed this was to make her feel comfortable so he went along with it. They kissed, not breaking for breath. Hermione licked his lower lip briefly, moving to sit on his lap. Draco opened his mouth slightly, unsure. Hermione had her legs on either side of Draco now.

‘Hermione... Maybe we shouldn't-’ Draco started but Hermione grabbed his face and kissed him to shut him up.

Draco couldn't help but move his hands down to her legs, he kissed her passionately. A moan escaped from his lips and Hermione pulled back, looking at him in surprise.

 ‘I'm sorry, I shouldn't have.’ Draco said, looking at Hermione’s shocked face.

‘No... I'm sorry. I was just nervous.’ Hermione muttered, shaking her head.

They sat awkwardly, Hermione having got off him now. She glanced at him, taking one of his hands in hers and chuckled, ‘I made you moan.’

‘I love you. I wouldn't do... I know you're not ready yet,’ Draco muttered, stroking her hair.

Hermione nodded and squeezed his hand, ‘thank you, Draco.’

The rest of the journey passed by as they talked and kissed like nothing had happened... or would have happened. When the train slowed to a stop, Hermione was positively shaking but Draco sighed, getting up with her. They started to get their belongings.

‘Are your parents waiting for you?’ Draco asked, sensing her nervousness. He watched as she pulled her trunk over to the door.

‘No... No, I told them I would meet them tonight or tomorrow,’ Hermione said, leaning into Draco when he came over to the door too, smelling his natural scent.

‘Okay. My mum can't leave her house because of... erm... you know, photographers for the news. So I told her, we could apparate? Is that okay?’ Draco asked, grabbing their trunks and heading out the compartment.

‘Sure, Draco,’ Hermione said, nodding.

Hermione knew he didn't want to talk about his father so she didn't press the subject but obviously Narcissa couldn’t leave to get them because she would be hounded by the press. Hermione was once again thankful that McGonagall had forbidden the students of Hogwarts to ask for autographs from ‘The Golden Trio’. Although some people still came up to them.

They walked out of the steaming train in silence. Draco held both their trunks and Hermione held her backpack, chuckling at him as he pretended to be out of breath from holding all the weight.

‘Hermione! Over here!’ A voice shouted from inside the train.

Hermione turned around and saw Ginny waving at her from the other side of the station, an annoyed couple standing next to her, trying to say goodbye. Hermione chuckled, guessing she had to say goodbye to her friends.

 ‘Draco, I'll be right back,’ Hermione kissed him once on the cheek, ignoring his sigh, and walked to Ginny.

‘Hermione, aren't you coming with us?’ Ginny asked, eyeing her suspiciously.