Chapter Thirteen

‘Are you sure you won't stay?’ Narcissa asked, hugging Hermione.

‘No, I must be going. But I'll visit you some other time.’ Hermione added, hugging her back.

‘I'll be back tonight, okay? Take care of yourself.’ Draco said, kissing his Mother on the cheek, not wanting to leave her by herself.

‘Sometimes I wonder if I'm the parent.’ Narcissa joked, pulling Draco in for a hug, ‘I'll see you tonight.’

Draco and Hermione made their way outside into the fresh, but snowy, air. He held her hand and her trunk with a smile plastered on his face. Hermione apparated this time as Draco didn't know where her house was.

When they got there Draco was nervous although he was careful not to show it. They walked down, passing houses and trees. Everything was in place, neat and tidy, the ground was icy and there was a thin layer of snow at places.

Hermione squeezed Draco’s hand, wondering why he was so unusually quiet.

‘Nervous?’ Hermione asked, winking.

Draco’s heart lightened, he placed an arm over her small waist.

‘Of course not.’ Draco muttered.

Hermione chuckled, leading him up a set of stairs.

Draco looked up at her house, perfect for a couple with only one child. Small but comfy and homey.

Hermione rang a doorbell and they waited. The door opened after a few seconds and thin woman with white skin hugged Hermione. She had brown hair tied up into a ponytail with a fringe.

‘Mum!’ Hermione cried out, hugging her.

Draco smiled at the sight in front of him. He loved how emotional Hermione got and he knew that she had really missed her parents.

‘Hermione?’ a deep voice exclaimed, pulling her into a hug too. He let out a deep burst of laughter, his eyes wrinkling at the sides.

This man had a few wrinkles near his brown eyes, so familiar to Hermione’s, and short, balding light brown hair. Draco watched them hug, feeling a little jealous since he didn’t have a father like that.

Mrs Granger was looking at Draco, a small smile shadowed on her lips, wondering if this was the boy Hermione had been talking to her about. She waited patiently for Hermione to introduce him.

‘Mum, Dad, this is Draco, my... boyfriend. Draco, these are my parents.’ Hermione said as her father hugged her with one arm.

‘Nice to meet you, Mr and Mrs Granger.’ Draco said politely, carefully shaking Mr Grangers large hand.

‘Please, come in.’

Draco walked in, careful to wipe the snow of his shoes. He was led down a hallway that held many pictures of Hermione and her parents. He looked at every one in turn before getting to a kitchen.

‘In through here, I made breakfast.’ Mrs Granger said, offering a chair to Draco, at the four seated table.

He sat, feeling slightly nervous since he had never done meet-the-parents before. Especially not meet-the-Grangers. Hermione sat opposite him and Mr and Mrs Granger sat down too. They passed out the plates.

‘Help yourself,’ Mrs Granger said, with a smile.

Draco nodded appreciatively and took some eggs and toast as Hermione did the same. She glanced at him and smiled, trying to get him to relax a little.

‘So, how was Hogwarts?’ Mr Granger asked Hermione.

‘Yeah it was good, this year had it's downs but after that we had a great time.’ She replied, smiling warmly at Draco.