Duke

"Mom, Dad!! Brock and I are home!!"

"Hey, boys! What's going on? How was school today?"

Brock and I look at each other and nod as Brock shtufts the envelope into his backpack on the floor.

"Same old.."

I kick back on the couch.

"I'm going to cook my favorite fried chicken and curly fries." Brock announces, entering the kitchen.

"Boys, You can't fool me!!"

"What..?"

" I know you only make that dish when you want something. You know it is my favorite dish also and you are just trying to cajole me!"

"Dad, Dad..You're thinking too hard.." I close my eyes. Man, I am wiped.

"Thinking to hard, huh? You boys think I am thinking too hard meanwhile you are practically geniuses! You are probably going to even-"

"Alright! Alright! Yada yada! Hey, Brocky boy almost done cooking?! I'm starving!"

I really am!

"Dukey, chillax!" Brock rolls his eyes at me.

"So, Duke. Why are you home so early?"

"Practice ended early."

"Good, now I know I may of mentioned it once..."

"Eleven times, actually."

It's not my fault my memory is insanely precise!

"You don't want football to take over my life, yeah? Am I right?" I tease, scrunching my eyes and smiling as I stick out my tongue.

"Well, we all know why Brock scored 50 plus points higher each time you two took them SATs..."

"Them SATs!" I laugh.

I never discuss SATs with anyone. Especially my friends. It is a sick and evil test that everyone struggles with; except Brock and me.

I don't want my friends to make a voodoo doll out of me when they find out I got a 2300 on the SATs. But hey, I still didn't beat my man, Brock!

Brock looks over at me and winks.

"Ok, Dad,,Duke...dinner is ready."

"Ok, Dad! Come on!"

"Mom..you are forgetting Mom.. We will wait to eat with her."

I sigh...I forgot she was still at work..

Ughhhh

Some people love surprises. Yet, I love breaking them. As in, being the bear of good news.

"Why are you two so giggly? You definitely want something!"

"Well, what are you willing to give..?" I ask.

Brock elbows me as he makes a face.

"JUST kidding!"

eeek!!

A car. Mom!

"Mom! Mom!"

HEEHEM! I cough loudly

"Right.." He mouths.

"Mom! I made dinner!"