Duke

Brrrrrring!!
"Can you get that?!" Mom calls from the laundry room.
I roll my eyes
"I got it, Bruh."
"THANKS, BROCK!!" I yell from the kitchen.
There's one serious reality of football season ending forever that I'm actually enjoying: dropping the football diet😝
I pull out the cheezedoodles and Doritos.
The life...
"DUUUKE! Phone!"
Ivy?! Wait no, I gave my cell not my home phone...it isn't her.
"Not home." I mouth. Annoying admissions offices...
"No, Duke.." Brock hands me the phone.
Fudge. Thanks, a lot Brock. He's prob still messing with me from before. I huff.
"Hello...?"
"Hello, this is Jim Stevens. Am I speaking with Duke Goldfarb? Of the Green Rexes?"
"Yeaaahh...who is this?"
"I am the head of recruitment for the Big 10 conference. Some recruiters are coming to watch you play one last time at your final high school football game. It's an away game correct?"
I feel my heart race and my knees tremble. How is this even possible...
"R-really?.. Wow, ok thank you. Am I able to ask which schools?"
"Yeah..so far Northwestern, Purdue, and Indiana are looking into you. Looking at your stats you are a very valuable player."
"Thank you.."
"I know this is a lot and may be a bit of a shock for you. But there is no need to be worried. Your family is invited to an information session and..."
I just completely zone out..
"Oh ok..thank you. This is amazing!"
"Dukey, what was that?" Brock asked.
"Uh...I..I'm..uh..a talent recruiter is coming to watch my game.."
Brock's jaw drops
"Duuudee!!! Up top!!"
I ignite a huge smile.
"Wait...what about Yale?"
I freeze...

I am not sure if this is how the recruitment process actually works, but just go with it :) xx
-Champ613