Duke

"What's going on?" I ask the girl as soon as class is dismissed.

"Well...I am the president of the newspaper club and my advisor asked me to interview you for the paper.."

I feel myself blush. Me? All I did was get into Yale and play for the football team. I mean I know it is a big accomplishment and all, but really all I did was sell myself to an admissions office the same way all of my other peers were. Why should I get special treatment for that?

"Is that alright?" she asks sweetly.

She is pretty cute.

"Why not. I'm Duke."

Obviously...

"I'm,..well my name is really Isabella but that's just not my style. Everyone calls me Ivy. Ivy Dickenson."

"Ivy? Why not Izzy?" I ask.

"Well that sounds too close to Lizzy, and..I'm kind of afraid of lizards.."

"Seriously?! Me too! One time my brother, Brock, put them on me in my sleep. I swear I woke up in a cold-blooded sweat, screaming like a little baby!"

That makes Ivy laugh.

"Awww... You two are so adorable!" 

She looks down in embarrassment.

"Thanks, we get that a lot!" I reassure. "So what do you want to know for the newspaper?"

"Hmm...I don't know. Mr. Newman asked me to interview, but I don't really know what to ask to be honest."

I giggle.

"That's sounds like how I would react!" I smile.

"Are you free to work on it together now?"

Ivy smiles.

"Yes, actually. I have journalism and he lets me ditch to work on the paper."

"Sweet! I have off now!"

When it says "Duke" or "Brock" as the title it is their point of view. Otherwise, it is Ivy's narration :)

Hope you are enjoying so far!!!