Duke

"So you're set huh?" Brock asks me as we walk out the door to his car to drive to school.
"Hmm?"
"Indiana" he groans in a monotone voice.
"I decided that I'm not thinking about that stuff for a while. I'm taking the next two months off."
"Ok, Duke."
Brock begins to pull out of the driveway and we are silent for the majority of the ride.
"Tell me." I state.
"What?"
"Tell me what you're thinking. I've only lived in the womb with you, and we are almost the same person. I know you're upset, Brock."
Brock sighs.
"Duke, sometimes I think you love football...and I guess now Ivy-"
"Shut up man!" I playfully punch Brock as he mentions Ivy. But Brock ignores it.
"More than me."
"Woah woah woah...repeat?"
"I don't know. I feel like we aren't as close as we once were."
"Brock! You are my best friend! Why would you say something like that?!"
"You asked, Man."
"Ok fine. But why would you think something like that?" I question.
"You're right, Duke. It's...it's  stupid.." Brock shrugs.
"Well, it can't be stupid if it bothered you, B." I explain.
Brock pulls into his usual parking spot.
"The bell rings in ten minutes. This is your cue to explain yourself." I sigh, yet let out a slight giggle.
"Well, you obviously are favoring IU because of football and admit it Dude, Ivy... I can't help but think it those things are more important to you than me."
My eyes widen. Do I?..
"Brock, that's impossible!"
"I don't know about that. I mean you're getting so emotional because you can't move on from your football childhood. But not going to Yale and not being with me doesn't seem to faze you one bit!"
"That's not true, Brock! If it were I wouldn't be so stressed out!"
"Oh really? Because I heard you bickering with Dad the other day. It sure sounded like Yale was hard to pass up because of the Ivy League status! It's like you completely forgot I would be there!"
Oh man...
"You're right, Brock. I'm so sorry. I'll just forget this whole Indy thing ever happened!"
Man, whenever I see Ivy's beautiful face all I see is us and a football...but Brock makes me realize I need him and I need Yale. I can't really be that impressionable can I?!
"We have 5 minutes." I mumble as I step out the passenger side and slam the door shut.
"Ivy!" I call out.
Why would I call to her after this conversation? I'm so stupid sometimes...
"Duke!"
I jog up to her and we enter the building together.
"How come you're not with your teammate friends?"
I shrug.
"You're better than them. You're the only person who came to visit me in the ER."
Ivy raises an eyebrow.
"In fact you are probably the best thing that's ever happened to me."
"That's good. Because my parents are a bit old fashioned, so when I told them why I was late to come home, they told me they want to meet you. You know, for dinner?"
I smile.
"That would be really nice..."
I feel a pit in my stomach.
"You know, Ivy. I've decided that I'm going to put this whole college thing off for a few months and just enjoy every moment."
Ivy smiles.
"That would be really great for you."