Chapter 4

It was a week later and Connie, Sam, Grace and Aiden had settled back into family life in the UK. Connie had rung Charlie up and told him that they were back. He had been over at their house a couple of times because he was like a Grandad to Grace and Aiden.

Connie and Sam got a call to their house phone in the middle of the day. When Connie answered the phone, she froze listening to the person on the other end. It was a woman called Elle from the ED. Grace was there. "Con, what's wrong?!" Sam asked placing his hand on the small of her back as she put the phone down.  "Y'know that trip that Grace is going on today. The one to the zoo." Sam nodded. "The bus crashed. She'll be alright, she's just got a broken arm. But she's in the ED." When she said this Sam breathed a sigh of relief. That was until, he heard the last part of the sentence again. "Wait, the ED. As in Holby City Hospital's ED." When Connie nodded he noticed she had tears in her eyes and he knew no matter how much they loved each other, she would always love Jacob more. And he knew from the moment she made the decision just over 5 years ago, she had regretted it. "It will be fine, babe. I don't think Jacob will be treating her so we'll probably be able to go without seeing him." They got their coats on and made their way to the hospital.