Chapter 6

When she woke up she was in the drop ship, strapped to her seat. The shock of the Exodus class ship disengaging from the Ark had woken her.

"Clarke!"

Wells voice called her name and she turned to him, shocked to see him there. She had forgotten. With all that had happened she had forgotten that he had been there too.

"Wells..."
"Prisoners of The Ark, here me now. You've been given a second chance, and as your Chancellor, it is my hope that you see this as not just a chance for you, but a chance for all of us, indeed for mankind itself." said the Chancellor's recording on the screen.

The relief of seeing her best friend alive and well was too much and she let a tear escape her.

"I know. I know it wasn't you, that you were protecting my relation ship with my mother. Thank you. You are the best friend i could ever ask for."

Wells looked at Clarke with surprise, he did not expect this. He was prepared to be hated and ignored, not thanked.

"I... Thank you for saying that." he finally decided on saying.
"We have no idea what is waiting for you down there. If the odds of survival were better, we would've sent others. Frankly, we're sending you because your crimes have made you expendable." Jaha spoke dramatically on the recording.

Both of them advanced their hands and held tight. Wells because he was glad to have her back and Clarke because she knew that their time together might be counted.

"Those crimes will be forgiven, your records wiped clean. The drop site has been chosen carefully. Before the last war, Mount Weather was a military base built within a mountain. It was to be stocked with enough non-perishables to sustain 300 people for up to two years."

Chancellor Jaha continued but Clarke's attention was somewhere else. Floating between the lines of seats and entertaining the crowd was Finn Collins.

"Hey, space walker! You better go back in your seat before we enter atmosphere! You will get hurt otherwise!"
"Why would i listen to you?" He replied cockily.

Clarke was about to answer him when another voice interfered.

"Because a few seconds of funs aren't worth your life!"

She could have recognized Bellamy's voice anywhere. He had been a rival at first then her right hand men and in the end her opponent when he took Pike's side.
Now through he did not know her.

"Bell?" Came a third voice hesitantly as Finn strapped in back into his seat.
"O?!" Whispered Bellamy after hearing his sister call for him.

Before anyone had the time to say anything else the ship entered the atmosphere and was shaken through and through. The video of Chancellor Jaha, that nobody was paying any attention to, burst and when the parachutes deployed at the last moment and the exodus ship crash landed on the ground the light went off.

A few seconds later Octavia took the first step on Earth.