Chapter 41

So, saying it right now, I had a lot of fun writing this moment. It's a big one too, so many fanfics made them a couple for a reason I am not sure of. Still for those shippers I made this chapter. Have fun.

Survive for Another Time

Chapter 41

Onya was tired of this back and forth. She had traveled from Polis to TonDC then Skaikru Camp in a single day then returned to Polis the next to stay half a day as she made her report and let her horse rest. And now she was back on her saddle, going towards where the skai had fallen again.

She was tense with apprehension and so were her gonas. Klark kom Skaikru had not hidden her disgust and distrust for the leaders of the Ark and had warned that they would eventually come down expecting to be in charge.

In Onya's mind it was still long before they came and Heda and Skai Prisa were supposed to have time to come to a formal peace between Kongeda Skaikru and Arkgeda.

Now that they were faced with the eventuality that the Chancellor, his Council and their guards were here Onya had to admit that she was nervous. What if they were so enthralled in their power that they would refuse peace and try to rule as they intended? To tell the truth she was rather fond of the Skai Prisa and her honesty. It changed Onya from most Ambassadors, especially Azgeda's audacity, Boudalan's cowering and Ouskejon Kru's sniveling. She really didn't want to have to deal with this Chancellor.

Her musing was interrupted when her scout returned and reported. Using gestures the discreet and mute woman indicated that she had spotted, from afar, a person that was playing in the river.

A single person? That doesn't make sense.

As Onya was wondering what the arrival of this individual meant for Skaikru and therefore Kongeda, a second scout came back. The man told her with uncertainty that the person now seemed to be talking to herself or into a small object.

Maybe their head got injured in their arrival...

That was what she thought until her third and last scout came back telling her that the contraption the women was talking in was responding in kind.

Long distance communications! came Onya's understanding. From the ground to the sky? That is possible?

Not knowing if it was and what was being said between the two parties Onya accelerated her horse's pace. They were close to the river now and she knew that they would be heard with the horses iron beating on the ground but she didn't want the women to report something important to the Chancellor.

The group of grounder left the tree cover and Onya eyes instantly found those of a golden skinned and long haired women wearing the same strange clothes as the rest of Skaikru. She had been walking toward them when her eyes widened with a mix of fear, amazement and curiosity. The women stopped moving and Onya made a sign to stop advancing.

"Heya, I laik Onya kom Trikru."

"Wha- hum... Hi?"

Onya had to force herself not to snort at the apparent confusion that the newly arrived women let shown. If it had been one of her gona acting this way in a potentially dangerous situation she would have been truly ashamed.

Skaikru really are Yongon , she thought as she dismounted followed by her entourage. The unknown women stumbled back at her sudden movement, her gesture reviling blood on the left side of her head. Onya gestured to the wound and the girl, after a few moments of incomprehension, touched her sore scalp and seeing the blood on her fingers had startled eyes.