Chapter 18

Abigail Griffin was mourning.
Since she had learned that one of the hundred delinquent that was send on earth was on the brink of war she had sequestered herself in her quarters. She dreaded the moment when one of Saint-Clair's assistants would come to tell her that more of them were dying.
When she had sent Clarke down she had had a sliver of hope that she would survive, now she knew that she had condemned her to death. A long and painful one considering how long the boy named Finn Collins was taking to die.
She berated herself for her decision. If she had known what would happen she would have kept Clarke in the Skybox, it would have given them a few more weeks together. But she hadn't and now her daughter was gone, so far away that she couldn't even talk to her and she would probably be the only one to miss her.

No, not the only one, thought Dr. Griffin as she remembered the drawings in Clarke's cell. That girl will miss Clarke too.

Abigail had no idea who the girl in her daughter's drawing was. In fact, she had no idea that Clarke was seeing someone even less a women. Yet the larger drawing of the naked women draped in a fur was explicit and left no doubt as to their relationship. Through she had no idea why she had been in a fur in the first place.

The painting was so intimate that Abby had had the cell closed off. She didn't want anyone to see them when they were so personal. She had looked at the visiting chart and had not seen anyone else but Wells and herself in the roll shit and looked at every file of the hundred hoping that the both of them had been sent down and were now reunited. No such luck.
She was now wondering if the women was even aware of Clarke's incarceration in the Skybox. She had spent more than an hour looking at the files of any female member of the Ark around her daughter's age.
The search had been in vain again.

Maybe she is dead, thought The Griffin women as she thought of all those people that Theolonius was floating on a monthly basis. If she is then they will be together again soon.

This thought was Abby's only comfort as she fell asleep, tired by the extend of the emotions she was feeling.