Chapter 5: Meeting New People... And Animals

Above her head were the words "Sarah, Level-6 Goblin Assassin, Rank-G." There was also a Health-bar, which was completely full, but only had fifteen points total.

Michael laughed and asked himself "I wonder what she'll turn into? Actually, why would they need to keep me alive? Can't they just crack my skull open and eat my mana-core?" Dying seven times already, his sense of self-preservation had become... nonexistent.

After attempting to lift his body, the two Goblins complained "He's way too heavy... how the hell are we supposed to move this asshole?" Vitality, endurance and strength, each have a dramatic influence on a creature or person's weight; his body was originally one-hundred and eighty pounds, regardless of his short stature, because his muscular and bone density were relatively high.

However, agility has the opposite effect, but size and leverage are both, much more important. Even with the three extremely-light Goblins together, they still weren't able to lift Michael; realizing the problem, the three of them immediately pulled out their crude, iron daggers, and took a few dozen steps backwards.

They were actually surprised that even when they were making so much noise, and treating him so roughly, that he managed to stay asleep. Sarah commanded "Stop, don't get too close... He's obviously faking. The moment we approach, he'll attack... He might even be able to break free of those shitty bindings as well. It's not worth it, let's get the hell outta here while we still can."

When they were about to leave, the pitch-black wisp entered the exhausted body, and he lazily opened his brown eyes, while easily slipping out of the poorly-tied leather-strips and yawning. The first thing that he said was "Eww, gross... damn it, there's so much dirt caked onto my hair and face."

The Goblin trio were making serious expressions, while holding their serrated, poison-coated, double-edged, rusty iron-daggers, preparing to attack. Michael just snickered at them, as he stood-up and cracked his neck a few times, then asked Sarah "You mentioned that I needed to be alive for something, right? Can you explain it a bit more for me?"

However, instead of answering him, she whispered "Shadow-Cloak" and all three of them disappeared into the darkness. With a Perception of just one, the naked man obviously couldn't see their their stealth technique, and could only sigh dramatically as they fled.

Considering how low his Agility was, it wouldn't have been possible for him to chase after them anyway: not that he would have. Michael was tempted to simply kill himself, and just respawn with a completely clean and rested body, but considering that he didn't have any way to end it quickly and painlessly, he decided to just do things the old-fashioned way: Go to the river.

While he was surveying the surroundings in wisp-form, he noticed quite a few sources of water; unfortunately, each of them was at least a mile away. Before he left, he reached down and untied the thin leather-straps that were around his ankles, and put all of them into bag-slot six.

Since he came from the southern grasslands, he hadn't encountered any magical-beasts; yet, there were still normal animals. The reason that he could tell, was because the adorable, fluffy brown rabbits, grey squirrels, or random birds, didn't try to kill him.

When he looked at a miscellaneous red-fox kit that was prowling around, he noticed that its level was zero, and it wasn't even ranked. He crouched down and gave the creature a warm smile, and it unhesitatingly walked up to him; since the left side of his body was covered in dried mud, he reached out with his right hand and gently caressed the beautiful, orange fur, casually scratching behind its ears and asking "I bet you'd love some delicious rabbit-meat..."

He pulled out the first bunny that he had to kill, it's head wasn't even there anymore, but the adorable vixen didn't seem to mind the gore. It immediately began using its front paws and tiny snout to tear apart the carcass; he didn't stick around, and continued to walk towards the river.