Chapter 25: An Elemental Tutorial

When the radiance faded, Elina looked into Michael's dark-brown eyes, and asked him "Before I become your Companion, I want to know something first. How did my brother and sister..."

Before she could finished her sentence, he sighed and answered "Well, I didn't actually see the big guy die, but Lily turned into an undead and cast an 'Enthrall' spell on him. Before that though, he managed to toss you over to me, so... I mean, there wasn't much I could do for either of them. The little brat was bleeding to death, and you were unconscious; it's kinda amazing that either of you survived that shit. Oh yea, Sarah, your father's dead by the way... not sure if you care though."

After hearing that, her only response was "Meh, figured as much already." before continuing to explore her new-found ability to see her own stats. She never learned how to read or write, and yet somehow, she could perfectly understand the mysterious, semi-transparent info-screen that had appeared before her.

Even Michael was somewhat surprised by the worm-girl's attitude, but then he returned to the crying Priestess. She struggled to say "Please... let me become your Companion."

He was once again asked by that monotonous feminine voice "Would you like to accept 'Elina Jacobs' as your third Companion? Warning: You may only have a maximum of six Companions."

After answering with an "uh-huh," while nodding his head, the two of them were enveloped in a warm and blinding radiance. At that point he had become pretty used to that sensation, but the cat-girl felt as if all of the pain and sadness in her soul was being cleansed.

[Companion Information

Name: Elina

Titles:

Level: 6

Experience: 37/60

Age: Adult

Race: Cat-Tribe

Rank: G

Class: Priestess of Light

Specialization: Healing

Profession: Enchanter Level 3]

[Stats

Health: 20/20

Mana: 30/30

Stamina: 5/5

Mana Regen per minute: 40

Health Regen per hour: 30

Strength: 1

Vitality: 2(+1)

Endurance: 1

Dexterity: 2

Agility: 2

Intelligence: 5(+1)

Wisdom: 3(+1)

Perception: 2

Charisma: 1

Willpower: 3

Luck: 2

Aura: 3

Attack Power: 5

Defense Rating: .5(+1)]

[Passives

Blessing of Good Health Level 3: Resists Level-3 infectious diseases, illnesses and curses. Effectiveness will automatically double at the expense of mana, when exposed to Level-4 or higher infectious diseases, illnesses or curses.

Light Affinity Level 4: Mana and Health recovery increases dramatically when exposed to Sunlight and Moonlight. Increases healing done to allies with the Light Affinity by 40%.