Chapter 29: Unrealistic Aspirations

When Michael first saw the ten-meter tall 'Chaotic Feline Treant, Level-49, Rank-D, Super-Elite,' he immediately stored Sarah into his second Companion-Storage slot. However, when he attempted to do the same to Elina, he received a notice: "Warning: Cannot store or summon Companions during combat."

Fortunately, he was able to send his blood-soaked rabbit-fur kilt and boots into his last two bag-slots. While completely naked, he told the depressed Priestess to take her clothes off, while being awkwardly close to her.

However, she didn't even hesitate to store her enchanted pure-white, self-cleaning, silk-robe. She still had her 'Adventurer's Guild Identification Bracelet', and a silver necklace that was basically just a thin chain, but her most valuable piece of equipment was safely placed in her only bag-slot.

Michael was gazing into her catlike, yellow eyes, as he looked past her short and matted, curly black hair with his peripheral vision. She was taller than him by a few inches, but the colossal, bright-red panther behind her was just too large for him to miss.

Elina was shivering because she could feel the ground shaking with each 'soft' step that it took, and all the hairs on her tail were sticking out. The aura of that vine-covered feline was so potent and violent, that she actually lost five points of health when it just glanced at her, with its gigantic, crystalline eyes.

He snickered and asked her "Are you a virgin?" but before she had the chance to answer, a slimy tendril, with the thickness of her arm, passed straight through her back, out the center of her chest, and then into Michael's abdomen. Her health instantly plummeted down to zero, but he was still alive for long enough to feel as if his entire body was being struck by lightning.

However, after they were both killed in less than a second of each-other. In his pitch-black wisp-form, he witnessed the panther-shaped treant retract its tentacle-like tongue, sucking both of their entire bodies into its colossal maw.

Then it just casually prowled away, heading towards the south. Michael sighed and muttered "Must have been a random patrol, huh?"

Once it was long gone, he respawned a few meters away from the pool of blood and gore. As soon as he removed the naked cat-girl from his third Companion-slot, she yelled "Of course I am! We're about to die, and you're asking me about my chastity?!"

After laughing hysterically for a few moments, the naked man instantly put his filthy kilt and stained boots back on, before saying "Nah, you just lost your death-virginity."

It was only then that she noticed the pop-up window, which stated: "Title Earned: Of the Undying Light. After losing everyone you've ever loved and cared about, you have experienced death together with your Companion; yet your soul is undaunted and refused to pass-on, determined to stay in this world for an eternity if necessary, to achieve your dreams. Willpower and Luck have increased by three points each."

He sighed and grumbled "Such bullshit; I had to die seven times before I got 'The Immortal' title. Hell, that was number fourteen and I didn't even get anything from it! Ugh, is it because I don't have any aspirations or lofty goals? Well, I obviously wanna make it to 'SSS' and reach the the soft-cap, since there's no max-level... It would be nice to have a set of Legendary gear, and I'd like to fuck a dragon of some sort. Wait, is that considered bestiality? Actually, is it even physically possible to have sex with non-humanoids in this world? I guess I could settle for an anthropomorphic dragoness, but I feel like these are all pretty high-class dreams, right?"

After listening to that slew of ridiculous statements and questions, Elina started giggling, as she instantly equipped her loose, white-robe. Then her smile froze as she asked "Wait, you aren't joking... Do you have any idea how impossibly difficult any of those things are? Ah, wait, why don't I remember dying?"