Chapter 28: The Leeching Healer

Michael snickered as he unhesitantly sacrificed two rank-G mana-cores, which belonged to level-one field-mice. Then both Elina and Sarah suddenly received messages at the same time: "Bag-slot one has been unlocked."

He wanted to keep adding more, but the second slot required a level-ten rank-G mana-core. The confused Priestess asked "What just happened? Does this mean that I can store things like you do now?"

Without thinking too deeply about it, Sarah immediately placed the tiny black-bead into her newly acquired bag-slot, and hopped down from the tree-branch. Though she swiftly fell from a height of four meters, her relatively high Agility allowed her to avoid any damage or injuries.

However, Elina had to hold her hand again, so that she wouldn't trip over the various vines or walk into any of the small bushes. Michael finally answered "Yeah, pretty much... Just imagine placing something into it, and it'll... nice, hahaha~."

The first thing she tried to store was the robe that she was wearing, which instantly disappeared, and left her with nothing but a golden bracelet, and a thin silver necklace. She started giggling and quickly tried to pull her item out of her inventory again.

Strangely though, when she imagined wearing the gown, rather than simply making it appear in her palm, the white-robe actually appeared onto her body automatically. Which caused Michael to smirk, as he muttered "So there's even an auto-equip feature, huh? Heh~, isn't that way too convenient? Well, there might be a restriction for combat situations..."

Sarah completely missed what was happening, so she was grumbled "Can you two idiots stop fucking around? We're in the middle of a jungle filled with monsters, and I can only just barely make-out their auras... Start paying attention to our surroundings."

Hearing that, Elina sighed and agreed "Yeah, we really shouldn't be so incautious... Michael, you might be used to it already, but I'd prefer to avoid dying any time soon." as she activated her 'Identification' skill, and used it to scan their surroundings. After glancing to the left, she saw a handful of different magical-beasts, the same when she looked forward and to their right.

After a few seconds she pointed towards the south and yelled "Tiger!" as a three meter long, relatively normal-sized 'Bengal Tiger, Level-9, Rank-G,' started slowly approaching them. It's fur was orange and white, with black stripes, and it had bright-blue eyes, which glowed fiercely.

The Priestess, with relatively low Willpower, was immediately 'terrified' and couldn't even think rationally, as she just curled up into a ball and started crying. Sarah yelled "How the hell did someone like you even become a fucking adventurer?!"

She immediately teleported behind the majestic beast, and used her rusty blades like a pair of scissors, violently castrating the 'male' tiger. It let out a furious roar as it received 'bleeding,' 'stunned,' and 'enraged' debuffs; the creature's HP had only dropped to 74/90 though.

However, before the giant cat was able to recover, Michael walked over to its head, then casually removed a smooth-stone from his inventory. He frowned and whispered "Sorry kid, but ya shouldn't have fucked with us..." as he began viciously bashing its snout, and skull apart.

A slew of numbers started to appear: '-14,' '-12,' '-15,' '-13,' '17.' Considering that his Attack Rating was twenty, and he was even using a primitive weapon, the tiger's Defense Rating was obviously fairly high.

Unfortunately for the beast, each blow increased the 'stun' timer, so it was completely unable to retaliate. Then the last three health-points were lost from the blood-loss and poison; thus, the majestic animal was thoroughly slaughtered by the blind Thief, and the immortal, classless Human.