Chapter 8: Magic, so Easy a Trash Mob Could Learn It

[Companion Information

Name: Inari

Titles:

Level: 2

Experience: 0/20

Age: Child

Race: Twin-Tailed Fox

Rank: G

Class: None

Specialization: None

Profession: Unemployed]

[Stats

Health: 10/10

Mana: 10/10

Stamina: 5/5

Mana Regen per minute: 10

Health Regen per hour: 10

Strength: 1

Vitality: 1

Endurance: 1

Dexterity: 1

Agility: 3

Intelligence: 2

Wisdom: 1

Perception: 1

Charisma: 1

Willpower: 3

Luck: 3

Aura: .5

Attack Rating: 5

Defense Rating: .5]

Once she finished devouring the nine mana-cores, Inari was once again enveloped in that dazzling radiance, and Michael had been given a stat-point to invest. Instead of continuing to bolster her Vitality and Endurance, he picked Agility, but didn't particularly notice any difference to her physique.

Since the majority of the rabbit carcasses were still fairly intact, he stored them back into bag-slot four, and shoved the field-mouse into the second-slot. Then the adorable white-fox, stood on her hind legs, while scratching with her paws against his right thigh; she made some high-pitched whining noises, while licking his hand and the look in her crimson, vulpine eyes, made him say "Okay, okay, calm down, heh-heh... Aww, so cute~, hmm, I only have seven more level-one, rank-G cores left. I wonder if I can dismiss you?"

The moment that he thought about it, the tiny vixen suddenly vanished into thin-air, as if he put her into his bag-space. However, there was notification that read "Inari has entered Companion-slot one."

When he tried to release her, there was a few seconds of lag-time before her body materialized in-front of him. She seemed extremely confused at first, but didn't worry about it too much and ran up to him again, begging for more mana-cores.

Then he finally remembered something that he was trying to find out about the day before. He turned his right-hand facing upwards, and pulled the red, sock-eyed salmon out of his inventory.

As soon as it appeared, the fish flapped its body around, and escaped from his grasp, falling onto the startled fox, but dealing no visible damage to her health. Even after smacking against the smooth stones, it didn't stop wiggling around violently, as its HP dropped down to 1/3 very quickly.

It still had freshly bleeding wounds, from when the 'Hare-Bear' caught it, so even if he had released it into the stream, it definitely wasn't going to survive. Angry at the salmon that attacked her, Inari quickly pressed the slimy creature against the ground with her right paw, and used her tiny fangs to furiously chew its head off.