2: Departure

My mate Jaxon.

MY MATE.

No. No. No! This could not be happening!

I glance between the two alphas, one looking cheery, the other a bit impatient. Both of their expressions changed to confused when I let out a bitter laugh, "Well sorry, bud, but I don't want a mate, so..." I shrug, clicking my tongue, then turning to continue on my way.

Before I even make it up a step, I hear a dominating, cold voice, "No." I shiver at Jaxon's tone, realizing that he's using his Alpha voice on me. Little does he know, that voice doesn't work on me. I take another step, completely ignoring his demand. "I said, no," He states, his voice becoming stronger.

No response.

"As Alpha of the Moonlight Pack, I command you to stop right now. You're mine, Isabelle," He basically uses my name as a weapon against me. "And you will come back with me. I don't care if I have to drag you kicking and screaming. An eighteen year old girl will not reject me. Understood?" As his words spill out of his mouth, my anger rises, my nails biting into my palms as I ball my fists up.

Oh, no.

No way he's talking to me like that!

I turn around to face him. "You order me? Just because you're the big bad alpha of some pack in our territory doesn't mean you can tell me what to do! And if I want to reject you, I will! And you'd hate that, wouldn't you? Have your pride and power stripped from you by an unshifted, eighteen year old girl."

He raises his eyebrows in surprise, probably expecting me to submit to his overpowering voice. His question catches me off guard, however, "Unshifted?"

I shy away from the question, feeling somewhat ashamed of my status. He comes up a few steps, stopping at the one before mine. Although he's shortened, he's still several inches taller than me. I shrink away from his demeaning gaze—was he always this intense? A half-smile breaks out on his gorgeous face, his hand softly caressing my cheek, "I've never had someone so... innocent and.... inexperienced."

I look into his gorgeous blue eyes, seeing his evident mockery of me. "Yeah, me neither," I shrug nonchalantly, knowing the comment will spark a reaction from him; sure as the world, it does.

He growls threateningly at me, "You're walking on dangerous ground, pup," he says lowly, his eyes darkening from anger.

I stare up with childlike eyes, "What's wrong, Alpha? Did I do something to upset you?"

He growls again, mumbling, "Mine." under his breath before hauling me over his shoulder.

"Hey!" I scream out, slightly beating at his back. "Unless you want me to flash everyone in view, I suggest you put me down!"

"Call Hails and tell him to pull the car around. We'll be leaving a little earlier this year," He acts oblivious to my objections, speaking to one of his whipped pack members.

Jaxon shifts his arm around my legs so he's holding my dress down so I won't accidentally flash everyone within radius.

"Put me down!" I scream, hitting his back with remarkable force. However, my hits are like nothing to him, small hands merely bouncing off of a toned physique. I groan in frustration as my hair hangs lazily in my face.

"I wanna go home!" I whine, hoping to pull out the guilt card. "Please," I sniffle, pretending to be on the verge of tears.

"Don't worry princess," He says happily. "You'll be home safe and sound with me in no time." I frown as I realize what he's saying, and I cross my arms the best I can as I'm upside down.