3: New Torture

Do you know what six hours in an enclosed space with your supposed mate entitles?

No?

Well, let me elaborate on the subject.

It gives you:

1. Time to plan your escape.

2. The feeling of always being watched.

3. The tingly sparks feeling.

4. The desire to suck his face off, as Jon so perfectly said it.

5. The awkward feeling and uncomfortableness as his eyes travel up and down you for the thousandth time as if you're a lamb ripe and ready for slaughter. .

I roll my eyes as my thoughts drone on monotonously. Jaxon seems to notice and asks, "What vexes you so much that you must roll your eyes so many times?"

My eyes rotate again at his comment.

Can't he see I'm doing it about him?

"Oh nothing," I bat my eyelashes as I use my sarcastic tone. I look back towards the early morning sky and rest my head on the window. Boy, am I exhausted.

I haven't exactly slept on this trip, for fear that he'd try something while I'm sleeping, so I've stayed awake with him, trying my hardest to keep my drooping eyelids open.

"We're here," His silky voice breaks me from my thoughts, causing me to sit up straighter as the car slowly rolls down a driveway. 

"I wanna go home," I whine for the thirtieth time, giving him the literal puppy dog eyes.

"You are home," He says to me while typing diligently on his phone.

He's ignoring looking at me. That's a good sign, it means I affect him in my young cuteness.

"Please take me back to my pack," I pout my lip out, shifting closer to him. I freeze in that position, waiting for him to spare me a glance. When he concludes that I won't stop until he looks, he humors me by locking his eyes with mine.

We stare at each other for a while, both wondering what will come next. It seems as if his resolve is dissolving, and I'm pretty satisfied with myself, until he speaks, "This is your pack now. You belong to me."

I frown and flop back into my seat, crossing my arms over my chest.

Damn Alphas, always so fucking possessive.

I sigh, waiting for him to tell me what to do next. The car comes to a gentle stop, Jaxon out the door before I can even process it. "Hello?" He answers a phone call, putting one of his hands on his hip.

I slowly will myself to get out of the car, and I do, stretching my tense muscles out before turning to him. He's facing me now, his eyebrows furrowed in concentration. I huff out a breath of frustration, rolling my eyes. He holds up a finger as to tell me to wait and my eyes roll around once more.

I turn to look behind me, seeing an endless amount of trees and forestry. I spin all the way around, carefully sauntering to the first large oak seated at the edge. I place my hand on it and rest the side of my head against the bark. I instantly feel the connection between nature and (almost) animal flowing, empowering me. The sound of snapping fingers breaks me from the power surge. I glance back and see Jaxon motioning me in a 'come hither' way, and I reluctantly go to him.

As soon as I'm standing in front of him, he snatches my small frame against his taut body, holding me in place as he continues on with his conversation. "Yes. Tomorrow? Three it is. See you then, yes, goodbye," He speeds through his words monotonously before hanging up. He slides his phone into his pocket, staring down at me with a perplexed expression. "I can sense your distress," He says quietly. I don't say anything, I just look down at my hands as I twist my fingers together. "You know, if you want that empty feeling to go away, I can help you." His eyes search mine, looking for an answer of any kind.

Of course, the mate bond.

The mate bond is like this wire connecting the two soulmates. If one feels sad or is in pain, the significant other can lessen the feeling. The bond also enables one to sense the others emotions and even hear each other's thoughts. Although, I have a block against Jaxon so he can't listen in on the Isabelle Quinn Freak Show.

"N-No, I'm okay," I shrug, still looking down at my hands.

He grabs my chin, forcing me to look at him. "Tell me the truth. I know you're blocking me out, so that means you have something to hide. What is it?"

And just like that, the sweet gesture of relieving my pain turns into a strike of paranoia.

"You just ripped me away from my pack—the only people I've known my whole life! And you expect me to be so happy just because you found me? You have some serious issues," I sass back, just wanting to go to sleep at this point.

"Don't talk to me like that! I am your Alpha! The most powerful one in this region, actually, and you will do as I say and not speak to me that way!" I roll my eyes at his outburst, making his grip on me tighten fiercely.

After a minute of his grasp crushing me, I start to lose my breath, my breathing coming out in pants. "J-Jaxon p-please. You're hurting me," I whimper, and his hold loosens.

His hands drop from around me and he sighs heavily before raking his fingers through the raven locks atop his head.

He takes my hand and guides me toward the white mansion quaintly seated a few hundred yards from where we're standing. After a moment of recollecting himself, Jaxon says lowly, "Let's go inside."

And I allow him to pull me toward the structure—what other choice do I have?