6: Nightmares

I awake in the middle of the night, the nightmare of him forcing his teeth into my neck haunting me and stealing sleep from me.

The clock reads 3:00 AM. I attempt to move, but his grasp around me is strong and unwilling to let go. I turn over, now facing his broad figure.

I trace the lines of his exposed and toned body, earning a shiver from him. As if on instinct, his arm tugs me closer, my cheek smashing into his soft skin.

Every time I've woken up, he's been holding me so tightly that I can barely breathe. I can't exactly blame him though, I did try to run away. But of course, that goes back to him for force-marking me.

Every time I shut my eyes, I see him looming over me with that ferocity in his eyes as he prepares to mark me. I internally shiver, causing him to shift.

I manage to wiggle out of his grasp, quickly getting off of the bed before he notices my movement. I slowly move to the balcony doors, opening them quietly before stepping outside into the cool night air.

I cross my arms over my chest as I make my way towards the rail, the wind shooting straight through the thin t-shirt I'm wearing. I stand out by the rail for a couple of minutes, trying not to think about the dull pain in my neck, when a blanket is draped over my shoulders, causing me to flinch.

"Shh..." Jaxon rubs my arms, "it's just me." I look down at the ground below, trying to avoid his warm presence and shirtless self. "Can't sleep?" He asks softly, and I nod. "I can tell. You keep waking up every five minutes." I keep my gaze on the ground, wondering what would happen if I jumped off.

It's a good two or three stories, so I might have the courtesy of dying quickly. But, there's also the fact that Jaxon wouldn't allow me to do that, then would have me on suicide watch 24/7.

"What are you thinking about?" He whispers, getting closer to me. I slightly step forward, not wanting him on me at the moment. "Why are you so quiet, Isabelle?" I don't answer, and stare off further into the distance. "Answer me," He demands, stepping closer. My legs make contact with the cold railing, causing me to tremble.

"Come inside, you're freezing," He says lowly, his hand cupping my elbow. I shake him off quickly, however, scooting a little to the side. "Isabelle Quinn," He says firmly, "Come inside, or so help me god, I'll throw you over my shoulder and carry you there myself."

I ignore him again, pretending like his threats don't affect me. He growls to himself, and I feel myself being thrown into the air. I start up a vague resistance, kicking my feet slightly but I simply succumb to him and go limp.

Jaxon sets me back on the bed and I sit up, watching him from the corner of my eye. "I know marking you frightened you a great deal, but it was what had to be done, and I'm not sorry for doing it. So, you can ignore me in private, but when we meet face-to-face with our pack tomorrow, you will speak and act as if everything is fine, which, it is," He enunciates his syllables harshly, grabbing my chin tightly, "Understand, pup?"

I nod, unable to contain my annoyance. I mean, the audacity of this man! First, he drags me here against my will, then he force marks me, and now he won't even apologize!

Of all the arrogant, idiotic, selfish—

"Stop insulting me in your head!" He hisses, his fingers latching harder on my skin. "I won't have it. And if this childish behavior continues, I may just have to find a new Luna and mate."

My heart involuntarily pangs, the inner wolf whimpering slightly at the thought of losing our mate.

But, something else inside of me burns with anger. After a long while of me being silent, I finally say, "Then go ahead." He freezes, his face softening. "Go ahead, Jaxon." I say distinctly. "I mean, who's stopping you? You obviously don't want me, so why don't you find someone more mature, and I'll just go home," I shrug.

"They'd never take you back. The shame of being rejected by an Alpha of a powerful pack such as mine—" He tries to deny it.

I counter, "They would understand. Besides, I have nowhere else to go. My family is dead, the only thing close to family I had was Jon and my pack, and you ripped them away from me. They'd openly accept me back. So go right ahead, see if I care."

My wolf beckons for me to go to him, take it all back, and try to build a relationship; however, I don't let her win.

"Hmm..." He hums, observing me carefully. "Maybe I will." He release my jaw and locks his arms behind his back, "But, even if I do, you won't go back to your old pack. As your new alpha I command where you go, and I will not give you the satisfaction of going back to them. You will stay here and be miserable with me, for the rest of your pathetic little life. You're not to run away again, or there will be consequences, am I understood?"

I answer with an "I hate you" instead of a 'yes' or 'no.'

He chuckles, turning slightly away before whipping back around and grabbing me up by my shirt. He shakes me like a rag doll, screaming, "Are. We. Clear?"

"Yes! Y-yes!" I cry out, clawing at his arms to make him stop. Tears are slowly falling down my face as of now, and he softens for a moment.

As soon as the compassion comes, it goes, and a coldness replaces it in his eyes. He drops me to the floor, my hands slapping the shiny wood.

"You are such a disappointment," He says in shame, leaving me to lie helplessly on the floor. I sob hard, rolling myself into a ball and slightly rocking as his words replay through my head—no. No. No. No!

I press my hands against my face, trying to stop the tears from falling out of my eyes. I have to get out of here, no matter how long it takes— I have to escape him.

So, whatcha think?

1. Will Jaxon really get a new mate?

2. Is Isabelle actually going to get away?

3. Can they ever be in a successful relationship?

Comment please you guys! I really need help!

Thanks <3

I.C. Judah