5: Marked

A while after entering the bathroom, I poke my head out the door, hoping that he's currently somewhere other than this room.

Of course I wanted him to claim me, isn't that what every werewolf girl wants? But now I realize that it was just in that moment that I'd wanted it.

Hell, I said I'd weighed all the options. But once I'd shut the bathroom door between us, I'd realized a few more.

If he claims me, not only will I want to be around him all the time, I'll be stuck here— forever— with a mate who sees me as nothing more than a burden. Jaxon doesn't want to be with me—he just wants more power. And having a Luna will help him with that.

I enter the room, going straight to his dresser and rummaging through the top drawer for some pants. I eventually find a pair of black sweatpants, which don't fit me at all but will do for now. I tug the waistband up as I leave the room he's designated for us. I need to find him so I can see what's next on our 'mate' agenda. So, after going down a couple of flights of stairs and embarking through long hallways and rooms, I finally find humanity.

They're all sitting around in the living room, laughing, talking, bonding— like a pack would do. Tears threaten to spill as I remember Jon and the rest of my pack. I quickly wipe my eyes with the back of my hand, strolling up confidently to the person closest to me.

I tap a blond haired man on the shoulder, causing him to turn around. I take a small step back and question, "Do you know where Jaxon's office is?" He raises a brow,

"Alpha Jaxon?"

"Yes," I answer quickly.

"Yeah... I'm the beta, Jason," He answers reluctantly.

"Isabelle," I say quietly, tucking my hair behind my ear.

"So Isabelle, why do you want to see Alpha Jaxon?" He asks suspiciously.

"I-I—" I start.

He cuts me off before I can finish, "Are you even a part of this pack?"

"Well, I—" I begin again, but he stops me once more.

"Since you're an intruder, you'll have to go see Alpha Jaxon anyway," He grabs my arm tightly, "Let's go, pup."

Pup. He must've learned some terms from Jaxon. He drags me through the house and back up the first flight of stairs to the very last room on the hallway. He knocks boldly, the grip on my arm loosening.

"Come in," is heard through the door, and as soon as Jason opens it, I bolt in, free of his grasp. He gradually comes in after me, shutting and locking the door behind him. I gulp and stare over to Jaxon for help. "Hello Jason," He says monotonously, flipping a page of his book.

"Alpha Jaxon, pardon the intrusion," He states, standing with his hands locked behind his back.

"Perfectly fine. Isabelle, why don't you come sit with me?" He questions. I nod, slowly making my way over to him. He yanks me onto his lap, locking his arm around my waist as if he believes that I'll run away if he doesn't. "What is it, Jason?" He flips another page, grasping me tightly while reading and addressing his Beta.

"You know her?" Jason verifies, not breaking his confidence at the prospect that he just forcefully dragged his Alpha's mate into the Alpha's office.

"Yes, Jason, Isabelle is my mate," Jaxon states as if it's obvious—which it kind of is. I'm locked tightly onto the heartless Alpha's lap; that should signal something to him, right?