Be Mine for Eva

I was sitting on my couch aimlessly flipping through the TV channels trying to get my nerves to settle down. Klay had called me earlier saying that he had something that he really wanted to discuss with me and I didn't know how to take it. He wasn't my boyfriend, more like a friends with benefits type of situation and although I know catching slight feelings for the shooting guard was ill-advised, that didn't mean that I could cut them off like a light switch. I wasn't wired that way. The fact that he sounded nervous over the phone didn't ease my fast heartbeat either. I heard a knock on the door and took a deep breath before I walked over to answer it, not bothering to look through the peephole because I knew that it was Klay.

"Hey," I whispered stepping aside to let him in.

"Hey," he replied back stuffing his hands into his pockets looking at me.

"Want anything to drink," I asked him.

"Nah, I'm good. Can we sit down though? Feeling a little lightheaded," he admitted with a slight chuckle.

We took a seat on my couch and started at each other, the tension so thick you couldn't cut it with a knife.

"What brings you over?"

"So I can't come by here?"

"No it's not that. It's just usually when I see you it's after a certain time."

Klay looked at me with a shocked expression and rubbed his hands over his face.

"Yea about that I'm sorry."

"Don't be," I said placing my hand on top of his as we locked eyes for a brief moment.

What was happening between us right now? We've seen each other naked plenty of times now to not be nervous around the other. Somehow the energy felt different. It was almost as if, we were both thinking and feeling the same thing, but neither of us wanted to be the first to admit it.

"W-Will you come to my game tonight," he sputtered out.

I'm sure that my face was priceless at the moment. Was that what he wanted to ask me and was too afraid to shoot me a quick text?

"Uh y-yea sure. Is that what you were so nervous to ask me?"

"Yes and no."

"Huh?"

He slid over, so that he was sitting closer to me.

"I do want you at the game tonight, but I want you there as my girl."

My heart fluttered and I smiled.

"Really?"

"Yea," he smiled. "We've been messing around with each other for a while now and I can't keep denying the feelings that I have for you."

I crawled into his lap and kissed his lips smiling.

"I would love to be yours," I giggled as he started kissing all over my face.

"To be fair you've been mine, we just didn't make it official."

I rolled my eyes and hit his chest playfully.

"Whatever," I said blushing.

"Oh yea," he said lifting us up slightly so he could give me my ticket and passes.

"What's the rest of this stuff for," I asked stupidly.

He laughed and kissed my forehead.

"It's for after the game."