Chapter 5

Originally, Zayn had thought the idea of baby monitors was a bit absurd. The kids were 3,4, and 5 years old. Baby monitors were for babies. The name was pretty self explanatory.

However, Zayn was proven a bit wrong on that when whimpers and cries began coming through the baby monitor in Niall's room. They'd put one in every room, but to make sure they didn't confuse them, they put labels on each with each of the children's name. So, when small noises began coming from Niall's, Liam tiredly sat up in bed and began to look around for the source of the noise. He looked around for a few seconds, then realized the noises were coming from right next to him, so he looked down at the baby monitor marked 'Niall' and immediately knew something was wrong when he looked at the clock to see it was only five in the morning.

With this in mind, Liam quickly got out of bed and made his way towards his baby's room.

Once he arrived in Niall's room, he was met by a heartbreaking sight. Niall was sat up in bed trying to muffle his cries into his blankie. There were tears running down his flushed, pale cheeks and he was shaking a bit.

"Hey, baby. What happened?" Liam asked as he approached Niall. The tiny blonde looked at his daddy and began to cry harder. He didn't want to tell Liam what he'd done for fear that he would send him away or be angry. "It's okay, baby. Tell daddy what happened," Liam soothed, bending down to rub Niall's back. "I-I'm sorry!" Niall cried. "Hey, what're you sorry for?" Liam asked, concerned. "D-didn't mean to!" Niall just continued to cry. "What happened, baby? What're you sorry for?" Liam asked. "I-I went potty in bed!" Niall cried in embarrassment. Well that broke Liam's heart. "Aw, that's alright. You didn't mean to, baby," Liam soothed, now smelling the strong scent of urine that he'd somehow previously missed. Niall just continued to cry, so Liam said, "Why don't we go get cleaned up?" Niall sniffled in return and gave a slight nod. "C'mon then," Liam said, helping Niall out of the bed and placing him on his hip. He really didn't care if Niall got his shirt wet; he just wanted his baby to feel better and he could always change.

Liam took Niall to the bathroom. When they entered, he asked, "Do you wanna take a bath, baby?" Niall nodded and allowed Liam to strip him. Liam began running the water and decided to add a little bit of bubbles to try and cheer Niall up. However, when Liam turned to Niall, he saw the small boy shaking. "Hey, what's the matter?" Liam asked worriedly. Niall just shook his head, still shaking and his breathing was becoming a bit erratic. If Liam wasn't mistaking, he'd say Niall was on the verge of a panic attack. He began to rub Niall's arm in hopes of calming him down, and it worked a bit, as Niall leaned into Liam's touch. "Please calm down, baby. You know I don't like seeing you so upset," Liam said. Niall sniffled and said, "M'sowwy." "Hey, you don't have anything to be sorry for. You didn't mean to. Accidents happen," Liam replied. Niall just gave a tiny nod and bunched his fists up to rub his wet eyes. "See? You're alright. Daddy's not mad. You didn't do anything wrong, okay?" Liam told Niall once he wasn't shaking as bad and his breathing was a bit more normal. Liam then noticed that the water was done running, so he shut it off and helped Niall in. He made sure to go more slowly and carefully this time, as he didn't want to scare Niall like last night. Thankfully, Niall went into the water without fuss, only tensing up a bit when his foot touched the water, but he trusted Liam so he tried to calm himself.

Liam began to wash Niall with a washcloth. The boy was still shaking a bit, but he was doing okay now and he just tiredly sat in the bathtub. "Did you have a bad dream, baby?" Liam asked. Niall shook his head. Liam frowned a bit. He was hoping that this was just over a bad dream or something for Niall's sake so it wouldn't be a regular occurrence, but then it occurred to him what Kari had said about Niall's bed wetting. "That's alright, baby. You didn't mean to," Liam replied. Niall just gave the smallest of nods and allowed Liam to finish washing him.