Chapter 7

"Here we are, boo," Liam gently said as the family of five approached the door to Ms. Zoe's rooms.

Louis took a shaky breath before nodding. So, Liam took that at his signal to knock on the door. Zoe opened it not a minute later and greeted the family with a smile.

"Hello! And hello to you again, Louis. Are you ready for today?" Zoe greeted. Louis gave a shy smile and nodded. "Yes, Ms. Zoe," he said. She smiled and replied, "That's great! Well, your name is on one of those cubbies over there, so you can place your things in it and then go sit by Stan. There's a name tag on your place beside his."

Louis gave a nod in response and turned to say goodbye. Liam pulled him into a hug and kissed his cheek. "Bye, boo. Remember to go to Baba's classroom when your school is over," he said. Louis nodded and stuck his arms out for Zayn. He pulled the small boy in for a hug and also kissed his cheek. "I love you, baby. Remember, if you feel upset, you can come to my classroom," Zayn said. Louis again just gave another nod and hugged back. "Bye, baba," he said. He was about to go in when Harry whimpered. Louis turned back to Harry with a small frown. "S'okay, Hazza. You're gonna have fun with Ni and we can play later," he told his little brother with a hug. Harry nodded into Louis' shoulder and let go so that Louis could go inside.

"Okay, I can go in now."

So Liam and Zayn left their first child in his classroom. And honestly, they were pretty sure they were more upset about it than Louis was.

Next up was Harry and Niall. However, they decided to walk them inside the classroom.

"Hello, Cher," Zayn greeted as they walked inside the open door. "Hello, Zayn. How are these little lovelies today?" Cher replied, smiling down at the two boys. "We're good! We just dropped my brother off at his room so I was a little sad but it's okay 'cause we're gonna seem 'im later," Harry replied in one breath. Cher chuckled at the young boy and reached down to ruffle his hair. "Sounds fun! Are you two ready for school?" Cher asked enthusiastically as she knelt down in front of the two. Harry and Niall both nodded, Harry's being a bit more enthusiastic than Niall's, but it was okay because it was just nerves. But then Zayn heard the bell signaling that everyone needed to get to class, so he knew they needed to leave soon.

"Hey, boys, come say bye," Liam said. Harry began to walk forward and into Liam's arms. However, Niall was frozen in his spot. Goodbye? Weren't they staying with them? "Ni, come say bye," Zayn said. At first, Zayn just thought Niall was frowning, but then he noticed Niall's little chest start to rapidly move up and down, and that's when he knew the little boy was about to cry. "Hey, hey, what is it?" Zayn asked as he walked towards the blue eyed boy who now had tears streaming down his face. By now, Liam and Harry also had their attention on Niall, so they could all see him crying. Zayn bent down in front of him and pulled him into his shoulder, shushing him. "What is it, baby? What's wrong?" Zayn questioned. He heard Niall hiccup, and then a quiet voice said, "Y-you're leaving. D-didn't know you were gonna leave me." Liam and Zayn shared a look, then Zayn picked the tiny boy up and held him to his chest.

"Baby, I thought you knew we had to leave."

Zayn felt Niall shake his head. "Y-you stayed last time," Niall hiccuped. And Liam and Zayn would be lying if they said that didn't break their hearts. Niall thought they'd be staying since they were there while they toured the school.

Zayn sighed as he heard his first bell ring. "Baby, we love you so much, but we have to go. You're gonna sit next to Hazza and you're going to have so much fun!" Zayn coaxed. Niall sniffled, but he knew he had to do this, so he brought his head up from Zayn's shoulder and nodded.

"You good, baby?"

This question received a head nod in reply, then the two kids said goodbye to the father they hadn't said goodbye to. Cher, who had watched the whole scene unfold, then grabbed each boys' hand and looked down toward them. "You boys wanna go out your stuff in your cubby? Yours are right beside each other and so are your seats!" She exclaimed. Harry excitedly nodded, and Niall gave a hesitant nod in reply, so Cher smiled and started to lead them to the cubby holes where all the other kids' items remained. Before Liam and Zayn exited though, she quickly turned around and mouthed, "I've got this."