Chapter 6

It'd been about two weeks since the family had visited the school, and it was now Sunday in the Malik household, and you could say things were a little hectic. Liam was trying to calm a crying Niall, as he'd spilt his juice on the floor and was afraid he was going to be in trouble. And Zayn? Well...lets just say Zayn's got a bit more on his hands. He was chasing a hyper Louis around the house and something always goes wrong when Louis is hyper. Today was no exception. As Louis was running away from Zayn, he accidentally ran straight into Harry, sending both of them to the floor, one of the boys crying.

Zayn sighed as he saw the sight. He pulled the crying Harry into his arms who immediately buried his face into the comfort of Zayn's chest. Louis on the other hand was still a bit stunned.

"C'mon, Louis," Zayn said, pulling Louis up from the floor. "Hazza, we're going to get you an ice pack for your head, and you, Louis, are going into timeout for 10 minutes. I told you to stop running, and you didn't, then you hurt Hazza. So 10 minutes in timeout oughta do you some good."

Louis whimpered, as he felt horrible for being bad and making his brother cry.

Zayn led the upset Louis over to the timeout chair they'd gotten and sat him down. "I'll come get you in 10 minutes, okay?" He said. Louis only gave a solemn nod in reply and let Zayn turn him so that his nose was in the corner.

Once Louis had been put in timeout, Zayn walked the sniffling Harry over to the fridge.

"Let's get you an ice pack," he coo'd to the boy that he'd say on the counter. Zayn pulled out a little ice pack they had and wrapped it in a towel. He then picked Harry back up and walked upstairs where Liam and Niall were.

Zayn found the two in their bed. Liam was rocking a sniffling Niall, so Zayn just went and sat down alongside Liam with Harry in his lap. "What happened to him?" Liam asked. Zayn sighed. "Well Louis didn't listen when I told him to stop running in the house, so he smacked into Harry and sent them both to the floor. Louis' in timeout, but I'm going to get him in like five minutes," Zayn replied. Liam only nodded in response, so the two sat in silence besides occasional sniffles from one of the boys until Zayn noticed Louis' timeout was up.

"Hey baby? I'm going to go get your brother real quick, so sit with daddy for a few minutes," Zayn said. Harry gave a slight nod and cuddled into Liam once Zayn had placed him beside his daddy. Zayn then headed downstairs and went to the corner where he'd left Louis.

"You can come out now, baby," he said. He heard Louis sniffle then say, "N-no. M'a b-ad boy." Well that broke Zayn's heart. "Baby, you're not a bad boy. You just did something naughty earlier, so I had to put you in timeout so you won't do it again," Zayn replied. That made Louis turn around. Zayn could his red eyes and a few tear tracks on his puffy cheeks. "S-so I'm not bad?" Louis asked. "No, baby. You're never bad. C'mere and give me a hug now," Zayn told the little boy.

Louis jumped up and ran into Zayn's arms. He wrapped his tiny arms around Zayn's neck and buried his face into his chest. "M'sorry," Louis whimpered. "It's alright, but I'm not the person you need to be apologizing to," Zayn responded. Louis nodded in reply and allowed Zayn to carry him up the stairs where his husband and other two children were.

Once upstairs, Zayn carried Louis into his bedroom where Harry was still laying with Liam and Niall. "Hazza?" Louis asked. Harry looked up at Louis. "M'really really really sorry I made you fall," Louis apologized quietly with his head down. "S'okay; still love you," Harry replied sweetly. Liam and Zayn had to resist the urge to coo out loud, because the boys' bond was just so cute.

"Well, since you boys are going to school tomorrow, I think we should go get some school supplies," Zayn told the boys. "School supplies?" Harry questioned. "Yeah! We're gonna get backpacks and and pencils and colors-" Zayn started to say but was interrupted by Niall excitedly asking, "Colors?!"