Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Editing progress.

I’m planning to edit this manuscript and hope to publish it. Hope you like it and support my work! 

............

(RECAP)

Leah wanted to snap out of it but she was too taken in by him. She wanted to break free but she also wanted to stay. That tingling sensation in her tummy felt funny to her. She realised it wasn't fear of intimacy that was getting her, but it was the fear of strange but unknown feelings and she doesn't know what to do with it. All these were new to her. To her, it all seems… weird.

She started thinking, starting doubting her feelings, I don't love him. In fact, I don't like him at all. That would be crazy if that were true. Hormones. That's right. This is all just hormones getting me. Nothing more. No feelings. Nothing.

............................

Stephen's POV

I woke up when I felt something on my side move. I was too tired to open my eyes to see what it was and too lazy to move my body to feel it. Too much effort for me. How can there be something beside me? I don't think it's my mum cleaning up my room. I'm pretty sure it was clean when I left it this morning.

Then, a sudden realization hit me. I don't think it's my mum... I thought, I snapped my eyes wide open and quickly sat up like I just woke up from a nightmare. I was panting. Sweating. I slowly turned my head only to find Leah's bare back sitting on the edge. She was so…still. 

Oh, shit. I groaned quietly.

I looked around, trying to make out what happened. We were in the gym storage room, surrounded by gym equipment like tennis racquets, badminton rackets, basketballs and such. We were sitting on the pile of gym mats as the atmosphere filled with awkward silence. It was uncomfortable. Not because of what we did. But because we weren't talking. Okay, maybe it’s because of what we did.

I wanted to open my mouth to speak and break the tension but something was stopping me. I looked up and spotted a small window above. The light was dimmed low and I noticed the sun was slowly setting so I figured our school was over. How long have we been sleeping? It couldn't be that we skipped today's periods except P. E., right?

I scratched the back of my head as I nervously whispered, “What time is it?.” I wanted to get rid of the tension and pretend it never happened, but after what happened, it's hard to forget it. I don't blame her for finding it hard to believe that we would... we would end up like this. “Oh, shit.” I groaned again quietly.

“My thoughts exactly.” She whispered softly. She sounded sort of angry and uncertain. Probably trying to take in what just happened. She sat still on the edge of the gym mats as she breathe slowly and softly. She seemed shocked and hasn't moved from that spot.

I couldn't resist the temptation of making her mine. It was hilarious though. Her innocence and naivety after the first-time-in-a-while kiss. Who would resist after seeing that look? The way she blushed after we kissed. When she asked what kind of feeling she was getting, I just couldn’t hold it in. The panicked expression on her face, the confused look during the kiss, not knowing what to do and everything that happened replayed in my mind. I chuckled, remembering it and accidentally muttered, “So cute.”

Leah straightened her bare back as she held her clothes tight to cover her exposed body. I could see she wanted to turn her bare back and face me, but as soon as she took a glimpse of me, she turned back and blushed like crazy. I wanted to laugh so bad and hug her tight, but I resisted and pretended to cough, “Are you.. uh.. okay, Leah?”