Chapter 15.

Chapter 15// Why ...?

It was Friday and the end of the school day had approached. For some reason I was very eager for this school week to be over. There were five more minutes until the final bell rang and my phone vibrated.

I pulled my phone out - since the class was silently working, and checked to see who had texted me. Vanilla Boy.

Carter: I just wanted to let you know that you looked very nice yesterday Jasmine 😛

Me: thank you! You did too! 😎

I smiled and quickly texted back.

Me: oh and have fun with Samantha tonight.

Carter: thanks, I'll try

What does he mean he'll try?

"Why so cheeky?" A voice said. I slid my phone into my back pocket thinking it was my teacher, but when I looked up Michael had positioned himself right in front of my desk.

"Oh hey." I said. Michael was the point guard of our school's basketball team, and last time I checked, he has been trying to talk to me since freshmen year. Honestly, I don't even know why he continues because he never was really good at trying. He's cute don't get me wrong, but he just wasn't relationship type.

"How are you?" He asked me tapping his pen on the table.

"Oh I'm cool." I shrugged. "I just want this week to end, I need to chill."

"I feel you." He smirked. "We should hang sometime soon. If that's cool with you."  Both of our eyes wandered around the room.

The bell rang and I looked at him and smirked as I closed my backpack then stood up. "Sure."

Michael smiled and I knew he was feeling some type of way but I didn't want him to feel too happy.

I walked out of class and noticed Carter and Brian walking down the hall. He looked so cute and tall from behind and he wa -

"Girl come on! Did you forget Simon was taking us to get pizza? His treat. Come on boo!" Nicole hurried up to me. My thoughts about Carter quickly blew away and I sighed.

I did forget.

"You look so lost. Pobrecita - poor baby!" Nicole poked her lips out.

"I do. Oops. I just - idk." I said. "I am tired and hungry though."

"You look tired." Nicole agreed patting my arm.

We exited the school and walked side by side to the parking lot. Nicole looked so cute today with her ripped jeans, candy pink shirt, and lace up sandals, while I had on Vans Sk8-hi's, boyfriend jeans, and a green and black sweatshirt.

As we walked, Nicole called Simon and I crossed my arms and blew a bubble with my gum to pass the time. We walked into the parking lot and right in front of us was Brian getting into Carter's car. Out of curiosity I looked around for Carter who wasn't with Brian, and he was of course at Samantha's white drop top bug car. She was sitting in the drivers seat and he was leaning against the car, both of them smiling.
Well damn.

Ironically, Nicole would turn down the aisle that Carter and Samantha were flirting away in. Luckily Nicole hung up the phone so I could make conversation with her purposely. We casually walked by and I looked at Nicole smiling and she gave me a strange look. Carter looked at me and smirked and Samantha continued to blab away to him.