Chapter 17.

Chapter 17 // Everything Okay?

As I walked into my bedroom, I couldn't believe Carter had just kissed me. It was amazing.

I looked at myself in the mirror and giggled. He is so damn attractive.

I couldn't believe that I had let that happen while he was feeling Samantha though. The way he talked about her sort of concerned me. Is she for him?

I couldn't even think straight. I just thought about Carter's face as we finished kissing. The way he smirked at me and looked me in my eyes. I awkwardly laughed and then ... Yeah.

"Jasmine?" My mom opened my bedroom door bursting my thought bubble.
"Yeah." I sighed.
"Did you have fun?"
"Yeah. I just ate pizza and we just joked around - the usual." I turned and got out some pajamas.
"Hmm okay. Well goodnight. Daddy's not home yet. He had to go take care of something." My mom looked down. I wasn't sure what she meant and I hoped it wasn't something terrible.

She left the room and I flopped onto my bed. I contemplated texting or calling Nicole, but I was too giddy on the inside that she'd probably guess what had happened with Carter and I in a jiffy. She would love that we had kissed only because she's been wanting it to happen for a while now.

My phone vibrated.

Carlos: Hope you have a good night beautiful 💕.

Me: thank you! You have a goodnight also!

I set my phone down and put on my shorts until my phone vibrated again. I picked it up and checked it. To my surprise it was Vanilla Boy.

Carter: I'm sorry if you didn't want that to happen since you know ... I was talking about Samantha. I just don't want that to be awkward for you and I.

I read the message and didn't know what to say. I left him on delivered (my read receipts were not on), and looked at my ceiling. It was only Friday so at least I didn't have to see him the next day and have awkward feelings.

Carter's p.o.v.

Jasmine had entered her home and I drove off. I probably shouldn't have kissed her, but she kissed me back also. I didn't expect for her to add some tongue action in there, but she did.

I had no clue why I started to kiss her. Her big eyes were staring at me and the way she was looking made me feel some type of way. I got happy when she kissed me back without hesitation.

'But I just went on a date with Samantha....

I texted Jasmine sort of apologizing for kissing her and she did not reply to it. Maybe she didn't like it; damn.

****

Saturday morning I woke up to Sophie crying in my room.
"Sophie what's wrong?" I sat up quickly motioning her to come sit on the bed.

"I heard mommy and daddy arguing last night in my sleep, and daddy didn't even come back."

"What? Arguing about what?" I got up out of my bed and checked out my bedroom window. Damn, his car is not even outside and it's barely even daylight.

"Mommy called him a liar." Sophie said.
"Hm." I said thinking about what he could've done, because they never argue deeply like that.
"Where were you at?" She questioned me.
"I was hanging out with a friend." I looked down.