Chapter 22

Chapter 22// Be Honest With Yourself

Carters p.o.v.

After school I went right home instead of practice. I had told my coach I wasn't feeling too well and somehow he was very kind and let me leave.

When I pulled up I noticed my dad's car in the driveway. Shoot, my mom did tell him to come get his stuff Monday, which happened to be today.

I got out of my car and entered my home quietly. I heard yelling upstairs which made my heart drop.

"You can't come back! I mean that! You have truly sickened me and that's a shame! You have two beautiful kids! Now you've got another child on the way? A boy huh? Are you happy? Proud?!" I hear mom yell.

Another son? Wtf dad.

I sigh and contemplate if I should leave or listen some more. I'm standing at the bottom of the stairs and now I feel truly disgusted as well. A part of me just wants to go up there, look my dad in the eyes, and punch him in the face.

"You've got nothing to say huh?" Mom scoffs.

"Catherine" I hear him say, "I don't honestly know what to say."

I shake my head in disbelief and make my way up the stairs. Walking down the long hallway I begin to feel a rage of emotions sting me, and it hurts. I knock on their - well now my mom's already open bedroom door. Both of them snap their heads to me and I can see my dad sulk into himself.

"Hey Car" they both say.
Mom eyes him and walks my way, "I thought you had practice today love?"

"Wasn't feeling too well." I put a hand in my pocket and look around. My dad's stuff is all over and there are totes surrounding the wall.
Mom wasn't joking.

"Awww, are you hungry?" She asks.
"It's okay mom, I got it," she looked worn out, her eyes were red, and she also looked like she needed a break.

"No I insist." She lightly grabbed my arm and walked with me downstairs to the kitchen.

"I'm okay mom." I reassure her. "I don't want to worry you anymore okay? Take a break. You can chill with me down here while he's up there. Turn on something in the living room, I'll boil some water for macaroni."

She looks at me and smiles small. "Alright. Thanks Car."

She walks off to the living room and I pull out a pot, pour some water in it, turn on the stovetop, and wait for the water to boil for a while.

For some reason, my mind jumped to Jasmine then suddenly to that kiss. What if that was the wrong thing to do? It made me feel happy. It felt right. What if she didn't even like me in that way? I mean, I do like her. A lot.
Whoa I just admitted that to myself.

I smiled  - then my mind jumped to my dad - he has another son on the way. Damn.

I pulled out my phone and texted Jasmine.

Me: Hey, we have to talk.

About two minutes later she texted me back,